title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wont connect to Freedb

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Wont connect to Freedb

yes i think firewalls can be the biggest show stopper here. check your windows firewall and any other firewall running.

i can connect both via firewall/router wired and wi-fi connections. so it will always come down to locating a blockage somewhere if all the freedb servers have been tried without success.

Having (almost) same problem!

In my case, the program obviously first succeeds in getting through since it asks me to choose between two albums from the database when I have inserted a CD. But when I have selected the right album, it tries for several minutes to connect to the database to get the track info and gives the classical error message (as per post *3).

I tried fiddling with the settings (as per post *8), to no avail.

Any ideas?

Administrator

Try a different CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    Audio CD Input >> Options - select freedb server line, click 'Select'. Check Proxy and use:

set the port to 80, click ok, ok and freedb button, does it work?
    HELP!!! I am a paying user of dbPowerAmp (extra features installed), I tried this, and now I am totally *blooper**blooper**blooper**blooper*ed. :vmad:

If I can't this fixed I'll have to abandon the program completely, and I *LOVE* this program.

Every time I try to go into the settings to remove the proxy server, the program hangs and I have no idea how to fix it. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled the software from scratch, and IT STILL WON'T let me edit the freedb settings. It's stuck on proxy server 81.40.85.125 and I cannot just set it back to the default - direct connection to freedb.freedb.com

What do I have to do in the program CDgrab (or maybe in Windows) to remove the proxy server 81.40.85.125 so I can go into the program and reset it to the default??? This is driving me crazy.

I am currently running Norton firewall but CDgrab.exe is configured to be able to work. I do get error messages from the firewall which still seem to be attempts to communicate between my PC (Windows XP home) and 81.40.85.125. HELP!

p.s. did I mention HELP!!! ? :blush:
    Last edited by Quiplash; 09-06-2005 at 01:39 PM.

Have you tried a full uninstall as said here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6828 ?
    The setting is probably being retained in a registry entry. Deleting the Illustrate folder, as mentioned in the above post, should fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by LtData
    Have you tried a full uninstall as said here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6828 ?
    The setting is probably being retained in a registry entry. Deleting the Illustrate folder, as mentioned in the above post, should fix it.
    Thanks for the speedy reply. Will try this out.

Doing the complete reinstall did the job, thanks.
    Now I'm back to the problem I started with -- won't connect to freedb and give me track listings.

Administrator

Perhaps your system does connect through a proxy server? install the latest dMC R11.5 beta - there is a button to auto-detect the proxy server being used.

how is this done

How is what done? The proxy setting? In dMC r11.5, click the arrow beside the Freedb button, select "freedb server", check the Proxy box, then click "Auto Detect".

Wont connect to Freedb Still

I have had this problem for some time, can not connect to FreeDb and I would really really like to get this solved .
    I am connected with a DSL modem and although I use a wireless router I have removed it for this testing. I do not use a proxy, have tried various Freedb servers, have deinstalled and reinstalled the programs. I am using a version recently downloaded V11.5 and have disabled the Windows firewall, Even though I un-checked the accurip option, when I run "Audio CD Input" it unsuccesfully attempts to connect. all to no avail.
    Help hlelp help!!
    Thanks
    Last edited by duxdad; 02-25-2006 at 11:37 PM. Reason: additional info

Re: Wont connect to Freedb Still

Accuraterip and FreeDB are two separate things. Try moving or renaming the "AccurateRip.dll" file in the dMC install directory while you are not running dMC or Audio CD Input.

Another bit of information, I also use "Magic File Renamer" from "http://www.finebytes.com/mfr/" . This program also access's FreeDB and does so without problem.
    Thanks

Check your hosts file to make sure it's not blocking access to the freedb server url you're using.

Your other application may be accessing in a different manner.

Thanks for the reply. I checked the hosts file and the only entry it had is 127.0.0.1 which I understant is my own machine. Anyway I removed the entry, connected directly to the DSL modem and still was unable to connect to acurip or freedb. I also tried on my laptop on another location also to no avail.
    Is there a basic problem in how this program access's outside data base's??
    Ove the past year or to I have for some unknown reason been able to connect 2 or 3 times at the most.
    I would really really like to have this feature and am glad to get any and all suggestions!
    Is Spoon still developing/supporting this program?
    Thanks
    Last edited by duxdad; 02-27-2006 at 06:10 PM.