title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wont connect to Freedb

Unregistered

Re: Wont connect to Freedb

Cool! This morning everything is working fine! Must have been some "static" somehwere to cause it not to connect. Now that I can do some ripping, it looks like a cool product! Thanks.

Administrator

NB The latest BETA version of dMC (R11) should fix any connection issues with freedb.

Unregistered

I have been unable to connect to freedb for several weeks. I have gone through the various threads in this forum but I have been unable to correct the problem.

Unregistered

Hello. I'm new to dMC and have been trying it out for the OGG output. However, I too cannot get a connection to freedb, which makes it less useful for creating the OGG files. I've tried all the following and none made any difference:

- installed latest beta (R11)
    - added free proxies
    - specified a different freedb server

At the bottom of the window, dMC goes through a few freedb sites, gets to de.freedb.org and then has a really long go with that [Connecting...] before coming up with the error.

'Unable to connect with freedb database, please check you Internet connection.'

Is there anything else we could try? Is there another way of getting information from freedb or some other service. I noticed that you can go to the freedb web site and collect the album information as a text file, but there isn't apparently a way of getting that information into dMC.

Raymond

Administrator

Any proxy information would not be a free proxy, but one your computer needs to connect to (as imposed by your ISP), have a look on internet explorer >> tools >> Internet settings >> Connections

for any proxy info.

Unregistered

Cool. I just tried again and this time it worked. Previously, following some advice posted earlier, I'd added a free proxy to IE. I disabled that, and tried again, then Zone Alarm spotted that the software was trying to connect through the internet and asked me to if I wanted to allow it to happen.

I allowed the connection, then Freedb cycled through the servers and picked up the details for my CD from the Australian one.

Thanks for sorting that.

Raymond

I have the same problem with connecting. And I don't understand, that the connection sometimes works, sometimes not. Before 20 minutes I had the message "...check your internet connection". Now it works. But I changed nothing.

I seem to be having the same problems as many when tryin to connect to freedb. However I seem to be having extra trouble in whenever I try to access options to alter the server settings, poweramp stops responding. :cry: I tried uninstalling and then giving it a clean reinstall again, and I managed to get into the settings, once, but now it still stops responding whenever I try to access the freedb server options. Any ideas? Thanks.

Administrator

Try editing those options when not connected to the internet. Also dMC R11 (in beta) might help, it has modified connection routines.

I am afraid I had already tried those methods but I still seemed to have the same problem. Although I think I shall try re-downloading dMC RC11 (beta) one more time. On a second note, since I attempted uninstalling the program and reinstalling again I lost registered status for the power pack. I have been to the link to request another download link but it often shuts me out when I type in my receipt number. Then when I do get through that, I get shut out after typing out the string that appears in the box. Any idea on why this may be happening?

(Incidentally, if you want any more system information to help diagnose what the problem might be I'll send what I can)

My appreciation.

Administrator

>I get shut out after typing out the string that appears in the box. Any idea on why this may be happening?

Patience is required, and multiple tries (we are looking into it) should you still not get it drop me an email (address on front page).

Well, fear not, with a 56k modem and the aggravations of trying to get XP service pack 2 to behave patience is something I have had to learn to accquire a great deal of! :p

...but... I think... if I dare say... I have things working with my system now... *looks around nervously* ...

Another Wont connect to Freedb!!

I am unable to connect to FreeDB dispite spend a great deal of time experimenting.
    I am running XP Pro SP2, Verizon DSL , no proxy server and using a Dlink DI 614+ wireless router, DbPowerAmp v11
    I have:
    1 - enabled Port 80 in the router to no avail.
    2 - I have removed the router and connected through the DSL modem only. The first time I did this I was successful but have been unable to repeat this on about a dozen attempts.
    3 - I have tried various FreDb morror sites.

All of the above to bo avail :cry:

Any more ideas??
    Thanks

Re: Another Wont connect to Freedb!!

Quote Originally Posted by duxdad
    I am unable to connect to FreeDB dispite spend a great deal of time experimenting.
    I am running XP Pro SP2, Verizon DSL , no proxy server and using a Dlink DI 614+ wireless router, DbPowerAmp v11
    I have:
    1 - enabled Port 80 in the router to no avail.
    2 - I have removed the router and connected through the DSL modem only. The first time I did this I was successful but have been unable to repeat this on about a dozen attempts.
    3 - I have tried various FreDb morror sites.

All of the above to bo avail :cry:

Any more ideas??
    Thanks
    All I can think of is check the security settings, the hosts file (this should be found in c:\windows\hosts and open it with Notepad), and make sure you're not in fact blocking those sites. Also make sure you don't have another firewall enabled that may be blocking this. XP & SP2 area very security paranoid combo.

cannot connect either,

Tried all of the above but no good. I am connected using a 56.6 k modem and a phone line.