title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Meta Data/ PerfectMeta Options help with settings.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GollyJer
    • May 2008

Meta Data/ PerfectMeta Options help with settings.

I'm in the process of switching from EAC to dBp and am running into a couple of issues.

Album: Tha Blue Carpet Treatment
    Song: Crazy
    Album Artist: Snoop Dogg
    Artist: Snoop Dogg; Nate Dogg; Warren G.

Generally, when a track has a featured artist, I put it in the track name.
    Crazy (feat. Nate Dogg, Warren G.)
    Most software only recognizes a single artist and this lets me search by file name to find all the tracks an artist appears on. Also, with EAC pulling from freedb most tracks came down from the server with this naming convention.

dBp appears to automatically pull featured artists out of the track name and move them into the Artist field. This is actually very cool as I feel this is the correct way to do things. However, because most software doesn't recognize multiple artist tags I'd like to have the featured artists in the song title AND semi-colon delimited in Artist tag.

As a test I set dBp to only pull from freedb and tried to get it to leave the song title alone (like EAC does) without success. Unchecking Detect mulit artists from ' & ' 'ft.' & 'feat.' didn't seem to have any affect. Also, I can't find an explanation of Detect xxx, yyy' in Artist and Swap to 'yyy xxx'. Is what I'm trying to do possible with dBp? I'm thinking I may use dBp/AMG to rip albums and have to write a little script to update the file names.

Thanks for the help. I'm very close to switching if I can get this last thing nailed.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Meta Data/ PerfectMeta Options help with settings.

Currently there is no way to get the artists to the track name.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• GollyJer
      • May 2008

Thanks for the reply Spoon. A couple followups.

1) Does dBpoweramp automatically adjust the data coming in from freedb when "feat." is in the song title?
      2) Does Detect mulit artists from ' & ' 'ft.' & 'feat.' have an effect somewhere?
      3) What does Detect xxx, yyy' in Artist and Swap to 'yyy xxx' do?

Sorry if these are ridiculous questions, but as a new user testing a beta they don't seem obvious to me. If it's in the help file somewhere please feel free to tell me RTFM.
      Thanks for the awesome program man.
      -Jeremy

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

This one has the full help file (if you were using the beta version).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• GollyJer
          • May 2008

Got it. Thanks.
          I'm now an EAC convert and have paid for R13 Reference.

The only feature I would like to have is the ability to add (feat. ArtistX, ArtistY) to the track title if there are semi-colon delimited artists in the Artist field. But, I'll probably end up writing my own little app. to get it done.

Thanks for the great program and support.

-Jeremy

Comment

Working...

]]>