title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

unable to transfer "folder.jpg" using DSP effect 100% of the time

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stealle
    • Apr 2008

unable to transfer "folder.jpg" using DSP effect 100% of the time

I am using R13 batch convert to go from FLAC to LAME MP3. I have all of my files organized by artists then subfolders by album.

I have the DSP effect to transfer the folder.jpg file during batch convert. I get the album art transfered over about 90% of the time. I have checked to make sure the .jpg is spelled correctly... "folder.jpg".

Please give me some ideas as to why I don't get the folder.jpg transferred over 100% of the time.

• LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: unable to transfer "folder.jpg" using DSP effect 100% of the time

Do you have a folder.jpg file in the source directory or the album art embedded in the file?

Comment

• stealle
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by LtData
      Do you have a folder.jpg file in the source directory or the album art embedded in the file?
      Both I believe. I have my entire FLAC collection with an actual folder.jpg in the folder and embedded in the flac files. Here is an example of a folder.jpg in a FLAC folder that didn't get transferred over to the corresponding MP3 folder.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

It does look like it is embedded and in the folder Try setting the import to (none) and see if that helps any.

Comment

• stealle
          • Apr 2008

It does look like it is embedded and in the folder Try setting the import to (none) and see if that helps any.
          I gave that a try. It didn't work. Maybe it's a bug. Is it possible to e-mail you the folder (zipped) so you can try it out?

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Do you have a reliable example of a folder.jpg that won't transfer over every time?

Comment

• stealle
              • Apr 2008

Do you have a reliable example of a folder.jpg that won't transfer over every time?
              The folder above in the screenshot will not transfer over. I have quite a few of these folders but I can't figure out the commonality.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

The flac files might internally have a folder.png, we cannot extract that to jpg with the current release.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

Is there an easy way to check this, Spoon?

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

No, a binary editor and look for jiff for jpg or png for png.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• stealle
                      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
                      No, a binary editor and look for jiff for jpg or png for png.
                      I think that's over my head...

So dMC takes the embedded album art in the flac file and transers that over as a folder.jpg? Can't it just take the actual folder.jpg I have sitting in the FLAC folder and transfer that over to the MP3 folder? I hope there is a solution.

I have about 100 FLAC folders that don't transfer the folder.jpg files to the corresponding MP3 folders. I took the time to manually copy them over once awhile back, but it looks like I'll have to do this every time I decide to batch convert all my FLAC files over to a different MP3 format or setting.

Comment

• LtData
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • May 2004

Or, a way to have dMC be able to export the album art and verify if it is a .png problem or not is to use dMC to remove the album art from the file, then import the album art into the file. Then see if dMC can export the album art.

How did the album art get in the files? Did you add it, or know what program was used to add?

Comment

• stealle
                          • Apr 2008

Or, a way to have dMC be able to export the album art and verify if it is a .png problem or not is to use dMC to remove the album art from the file, then import the album art into the file. Then see if dMC can export the album art.

How did the album art get in the files? Did you add it, or know what program was used to add?
                          I used dB CD ripper to rip the example above in the screenshot. I thought I used it to retrieve the album art and tag the files. It is possible that there wasn't album art available for that one so I occasionally use amazon.com for a source of album art. Regardless, it is definitely a .jpg NOT a .png since the album art embedded in the FLAC is the same .jpg as the folder.jpg shown in the folder (screenshot) above.

Comment

• 73ChargerFan
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Nov 2006

Are the problem folder.jpg files very large?

I'm having problems with cd ripper ignoring files over 100K in size.

Comment

• stealle
                              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by 73ChargerFan
                              Are the problem folder.jpg files very large?

I'm having problems with cd ripper ignoring files over 100K in size.
                              Hmmm... could be. I'm out of town right now and won't be able to check for awhile. I do know that the folder.jpg in the screenshot above is 500x500, but I don't know the actual file size. I do have quite a few very large folder.jpg's. Many that are up to about 1500x1500 and I'm sure over 100K. I wonder if that could be the problem. It would be nice if dMC could support these files. iTunes doesn't seem to mind any of my album art (large or small).

Comment

Working...

]]>