title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

unable to transfer "folder.jpg" using DSP effect 100% of the time

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: unable to transfer "folder.jpg" using DSP effect 100% of the time

We are investigating the large album arts and flac.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• gasnyder
      • Jul 2008

I'm also having problems exporting album art from some FLAC files. I recently upgraded to Reference R13. My FLAC files have embedded album art from two different methods.

1) I ripped the CD and embedded the default album art that dBpoweramp CD program found. I then found a higher res photo and converted FLAC to FLAC importing folder.jpg

2) I downloaded the higher res photo before ripping and embedded it directly at the rip step.

I have examples of FLAC files that will and won't export the folder.jpg that were generated with both methods above. I've also seen jpgs at 134K extract just fine, but a 38K jpg won't extract. I've tried to export during the conversion to OGG and also just converting using the TAG UPDATE method. Some jpg's just won't extract. They're all 500x500 jpgs.

Comment

• gasnyder
        • Jul 2008

Hi Spoon,

I saw your message about sending a test FLAC but I was waiting until the 11th to send it. Now the message is gone. I had updated all my files and couldn't find a good sample. Today I converted some more files and found some that didn't work. I was able to take an existing FLAC with embedded art, running it through the FLAC encoder again and importing one of the trouble images. The image imported fine, but I am unable to export this image from that FLAC. Let me know where to send the test file again (I was able to recreate on a "silence"" track, so it's only a 960K file).

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MaDxCrEaM
            • Oct 2006

is checking import from folder.jpg and export to folder.jpg essentially suppose to copy over folder.jpg? I don't store album art in my files, just as folder.jpg. I've been looking for a way to copy over the folder.jpg when I convert my files and not store them in the tag. I've tried checking the import and export in the id tag dsp, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Yes it would copy folder.jpg over to the new folder, but you would have to convert not use something like test conversion.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MaDxCrEaM
                • Oct 2006

Yes, I am converting from ape to mp3, and doesn't seem to copy over the folder.jpg. I can try some more and see if it will and get back to you.

How about making a dsp effect to transfer files over with certain extensions like we could put .jpg, .log for logs of the rip and such. Would that be too hard to implement?

Comment

• MaDxCrEaM
                  • Oct 2006

Ok, I was trying to do this import export album artwork using multi encoder, can't get it to work. I can convert from ape to mp3 directly, adding dsp effects add album artwork, then add effect export album artwork, then add dsp effect delete album artwork to get what I want.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

You have ape files in a folder with folder.jpgs? you are using multi encoder to mp3 and which other format?
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MaDxCrEaM
                      • Oct 2006

Going from ape to mp3 and mp4 using nero. I've tried doing the dsp effects within mp3 settings, and tried doing within multiencoder without any luck.

And yes, I have folder.jpg's in the directory with the ape files.

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

It is because with multi-encoder it (the encoder such as mp3) would not know the source audio file, it only knows the source as multi-encoder.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>