title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Can't delete profiles in CD ripper

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Can't delete profiles in CD ripper

Hi! New boy here. I've got dMc 12.4 Trial whilst I figure out if it can tick all of my ripping/tagging wish-list (and it's doing pleasingly well so far!) but I've got one small problem. Couldn't find the answer searching the forums.

I created a number of profiles in CDripper, and now I want to delete them. so I use the drop-down to highlight the one I want to delete and then use the drop-down to select "Delete Profile". But when I close ripper and reopen, the profile's re-appeared in the list! Likewise, if I delete a profile and (without closing ripper) select another one for deletion, the old one reappears in its place.

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks all!

Administrator

Re: Can't delete profiles in CD ripper

Make sure dBpoweramp is allowed to write to the registry, if it cannot these changes will not stick.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks Spoon - didn't work I'm afraid. I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security and I've set the folder c:\program files\illustrate + sub-folders to be ignored for all KAS tasks/scans, and I've added all the .exe files (apart from the codec .exe files, such as neroaacenc.exe) in that folder to the Kasp "Trusted Applications" list, specifically ticking the "do not restrict registry access" box (but it's not restricting any activity). Rebooted, but problem persists. If I temporarily turn off Kasp it still doesn't let me delete profiles. Changes to the profiles stick, just deletion that doesn't work.

This is WinXP Pro SP2, by the way.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Just run the registry editor and manually deleted the profiles from HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Illustrate. That worked for all bar one of them, which I could delete from the registry but then reappeared when I restarted Ripper!!

I've checked and I've got full permission to that Key and all sub-keys; my account is an admin.

Out of curiousity, what's the reasoning behind writing settings like this to the reg? Normally they'd go in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data wouldn't they?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by moley6knipe View Post
    That worked for all bar one of them, which I could delete from the registry but then reappeared when I restarted Ripper!
    Scratch that, it appears to let me delete all of them as long as Ripper isn't open at the time.

So at least I've got a workaround, albeit a bit of a pain!