title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Taking the plunge

Taking the plunge

Spoon, et. al....

First off, I've been using dAP on & off for about a year. It was a little balky under Windows NT but I'm now running Windows 2000 on a different unit and about to d/l it again.... anything special I should know?

Second question........ I (finally) have a CD-RW drive and am ready to take the "CD creation" plunge.... My source material will be cd's, mp3's, LP's, tapes (rarely), and (Lord help me) impossible-to-find 45's and 78's..... Any advice about the latter formats?

Now to the little item that started all this head scratchin'... I notice that dCW comes with an imbedded " beta" version of dMC ... is this gonna be a little too, uh, "challenging" for a first-time user? Also, will I need to d/l the "Auxiliary Input" package to for the imbedded dMC version (will it even work there?) or is it already included? Should I go ahead with Powerpack or is it gonna be too much too soon and I should just wait until I've absorbed all the rest of it?

Yowmp! I'm looking forward to re-structuring my music collection but just don't wanna end up with a mess....

Thanks for your help.

Hawkster

Administrator
    "I notice that dCW comes with an imbedded " beta" version of dMC ... is this gonna be a little too, uh, "challenging" for a first-time user?"

Mainly just bug fixes, so you will be fine with the beta release. Auxiliary Input is seperate and will need to be installed. If you are putting your LPs to CD - record them to Wave files first, so you can be sure they sound alright before adding them to a CD.

Leave the Power Pack until you are up and running with the first batch of programs. Good luck.

For dAP, just try it and see, you might want to go for Release 2 Beta (10 is it now?), there have been many bug fixes over the last year.