title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R13 error in Vista 64-bit

Twunk_16.exe error in R13 in Vista 64-bit

Hello,

Configuration:

-Vista Ultimate X64 SP1
    -Epson V750 scanner (which works a TWAIN scanner, amongst other modes of operation)
    -Adobe CS3 (which works, and also works with the scanner, via TWAIN or PShop plugin)

Description of Error:

After having installed DB PowerAmp R13 Reference, when I run the CD ripper I also get an error window which opens up separately to the DB PowerAmp Ripper entitled "Unsupported 16-bit Application" and with a text box contents describing an error with "\??\C:\Windows\Twunk_16.exe".

If I close the error window or click on the "OK" button, then the error window is closed and the ripper is closed as well.

Workaround:

As long as I do not acknowledge this error window (ergo I ignore it, shove it to the side, etc.) then the ripper will run and seems to function correctly.

Sincerely,

Z.

Administrator

Re: Twunk_16.exe error in R13 in Vista 64-bit

We will fix it in R13.1 (a number of weeks before we can beta a version).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: R13 error in Vista 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Jeff are you able to scan also?
    Sorry for the late response. Yes I scan, all the time.

This thread seems to be from 2008, but I guess this error has not been fixed yet?
    I recently upgraded to version 13 ref.
    When I use CD Ripper I get the error message as soon as I use the + key to add or change the album art.
    Using windows 7 on 64 bit (with HP 6280 scanner)

Administrator

It is not a fault with our code, rather the universal scanner API which seems to not be working on X64, changes were made to R13.5 so that the scanner is only loaded if required so you should not see that message unless trying to scan.