title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

how do I get the correct folder/naming structure

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hyde
    • Jun 2008

Re: how do I get the correct folder/naming structure

It's done it again on another 2 CD set.

Disk 1 has ripped with:-

...\Music\Various Artists\Best Rock Ballads in the World...Ever Disc 1\02 Edwyn Collins - A Girl Like You.flac

Which is fine. But Disk 2 wants to rip as:-

...\Music\Various Artists\Best Rock Ballads in the World...Ever Disc 2\02 «Various Artists - If I Could Turn Back Time

In the ripper the Artists field keeps getting populated as:-

<Various Artists

Each time I try and put back the final closed angle bracket the ripper either loses it when I click outside of the field, or if it appears to keep it and I check the meta data view of how it'll be ripped I get:-

...\Music\Various Artists\Best Rock Ballads in the World...Ever Disc 2\02 «Various Artists - If I Could Turn Back Time

Which kinda suggests that it still doesn't acknowledge the final angle bracket :confused:

How do I get disk 2 to rip the same as disk 1, and why is this the second time that the ripper has applied a different set of values to one of the disks in the set?

Cheers

PS Still not getting email notifications :confused:

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

<Various Artists

This title is enterd incorrectly in the database, it should never be '<Various Artists'
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Hyde
        • Jun 2008

Well after a number of refreshes and clicking the Meta ID Tag icon several times I managed to get the correct data loaded in the ripper apart from track two which I manually edited as that resolutely refused to populate with anything other than '<Various Artists'

So I now have both CD's ripped in the same format/structure :smile2:

Comment

Working...

]]>