title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: r13 ReplayGain

r13 ReplayGain

Hi,

Just doing some testing of r13. The PerfectMeta concept is fantastic - congratulations, it's a real innovation and improvement.

I'm having some trouble with applying ReplayGain when ripping, however. I want to have both track and album gain applied. I've downloaded the latest r13 beta, DSP3 beta set, ReplayGain2 and MultiEncoder2 codecs.

I've tried the following configs, and results. All are using the Multi Encoder, with FLAC/MP3 encoding:
    Encoder DSP Effects/Action setting: ReplayGain, calculate Track & Album
    DSP tab setting: None
    Result: Only track gain is calculated

Encoder DSP Effects/Action setting: None
    DSP tab setting: ReplayGain, calculate Track & Album
    Result: Only album gain is calculated

Encoder DSP Effects/Action setting: ReplayGain, calculate Track & Album
    DSP tab setting: ReplayGain, calculate Track & Album
    Result: Both are calculated (hooray!)

Note that changing the album gain calculations from "Album ID Tag" to "All Files in Batch Same Album" makes no difference either way.

From other posts it seems that maybe the multi encoder can't write album gain, but then found this thread where Spoon says that "It has been fixed, you need the R13 alpha of music converter and the latest beta of Multi Converter."

So - it kind of works, but it's not consistent in the UI. Any hints? Is it just due to the Alpha nature of the software perhaps?

Thanks.

Administrator

Re: r13 ReplayGain

'Encoder DSP Effects' this is in Multi Encoder? not the DSP effects in Music Converter?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    'Encoder DSP Effects' this is in Multi Encoder? not the DSP effects in Music Converter?
    Yes, in the Encoder tab -> Multi-Encoder -> FLAC (or mp3(Lame)) -> Settings -> DSP Effects/Actions -> Settings.

Hope that makes sense.

Administrator

Album replaygain is not really going to work well with multi encoder, a future release will allow it, for not you are best to batch apply replay gain after conversion.

Ok, thanks for the response Spoon, I'll batch apply it after encoding as suggested. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi Spoon - any news on when Multi Enc will be able to write both track and album Replaygain please? I'm using Ref 13.1 and the latest MultiEnc

Administrator

It would be quite away off, it is a fairly major change to allow that.