title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Endless "Key Disc cannot be used for offset detection"

Re: Endless "Key Disc cannot be used for offset detection"

Quote Originally Posted by Don H View Post
    Hello,

My CD Ripper was working fine until I changed DVD drives. Now I get endlessly prompted for Key Discs. Whatever disc I provide, I get the same message:

"This Key Disc cannot be used for offset detection (it does not match the one stored in AccurateRips database)"

I'm running Win XP Pro SP2. My new drive is a Pioneer DVR-215D. I've tried uninstalling (using the dbPowerAmp utility which wipes "program files", registry, and application data) and reinstalling. I've also disabled my (McAfee) firewall.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank...

Don
    Just a note for any frustrated users that this problem is alive and well in 2021! I have reinstalled dbpa onto my brand new laptop, and tried literally dozens of CDs, including popular classics (Graceland, Raising Sand, Back to Black) and newer stuff before finally striking lucky with some fairly niche classical CDs on Naxos and ASV. I would have given up, if it had not accepted one of the Naxos CD relatively early on (together with a message that it needed 3 Key Discs to verify the offset, so please insert another Key Disc). As I said above, I tried dozens before it inexplicably accepted a couple more. The moral of this post: keep on trying, even though it apparently makes no sense to do so!

Re: Endless "Key Disc cannot be used for offset detection"

Quote Originally Posted by Rogert3 View Post
    Just a note for any frustrated users that this problem is alive and well in 2021! I have reinstalled dbpa onto my brand new laptop, and tried literally dozens of CDs, including popular classics (Graceland, Raising Sand, Back to Black) and newer stuff before finally striking lucky with some fairly niche classical CDs on Naxos and ASV. I would have given up, if it had not accepted one of the Naxos CD relatively early on (together with a message that it needed 3 Key Discs to verify the offset, so please insert another Key Disc). As I said above, I tried dozens before it inexplicably accepted a couple more. The moral of this post: keep on trying, even though it apparently makes no sense to do so!
    I just bought a new PC and was having this key disc detection problem. I tried dozens of rock and jazz CDs. I tried old discs. I tried new discs. I tried popular discs and unpopular discs. But nada. Then, after seeing Rogert3's post, I switched to classical discs, and I got all three necessary key discs in less than 20 CDs. So if you've got a classic collection, try those discs!