title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

PerfectMeta: Meta-Data Formating Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EliC
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

PerfectMeta: Meta-Data Formating Suggestions

I would like to make this a thread for suggestions / options that would improve PerfectMeta.

-Treat GD3 "[***]" as "(***)" when comparing meta-data. So " [Solo] " from GD3 should be treated the same as " (Solo) " from MusicBrainz or freeDB when comparing to see if there is a match. This is especially important as AMG does not seem to include data from discs in "(***)".

-Option to threat ***/*** as *** / *** when comparing meta-data

-Option to prefer *** / ***
  • EliC
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: PerfectMeta: Meta-Data Formating Suggestions

Ex:

5446 Thats My Number / Ball and Chain
    vs
    5446 Thats My Number/Ball and Chain

There should be an option to ignore spaces on either side of "/" when deciding if meta-data is a match
    There should also be an option to decide to prefer xxx / xxx over xxx/xxx

There should also be an option to ignore all spacing when deciding if text matches between sources.

Comment

• Porcus
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Feb 2007

Just to avoid double posting the entire content from http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showpost...31&postcount=2:
      If one (or more) sources are already given priority for a majority of the field, weigh their votes heavier for the rest.

Comment

• Porcus
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by EliC
        Ex:

5446 Thats My Number / Ball and Chain
        vs
        5446 Thats My Number/Ball and Chain
        Also, what about & and +, which I presume might be used for two-releases-on-one-CD?

Comment

• EliC
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Originally posted by Porcus
          Also, what about & and +, which I presume might be used for two-releases-on-one-CD?
          When checking to see if the REST of the meta-data agrees "+", "&", and "and" should probably be treated the same. Then the system should choice between "+", "&", and "and" based on the most common weighted use.

Comment

• EliC
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Shouldn't "is" and "it" default to lower case is they are not the first word?

Comment

• EliC
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

The multi-artist detect algorithm seems so be a bit to aggressive. I have noticed that artists formated as "Some Dude & The Dudets" are detected as multiple artists and remapped to Some Dude; The Dudets. Maybe an exclusion in the rules should be used when &/and is followed by THE ( "& the" or "and the" ).

Comment

• EliC
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

Is PerfectMeta inserting ", Disc #" in album titles from multi-disc sets? I am just wondering because if you review the meta-data sources its in ALL of them and they are never that consistent. Is there a way to get rid of ", Disc #" by either not having PerfectMeta add it (if this is the case) or by having an option to have PerfectMeta delete it if its coming from the data providers.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

You can disable, see meta data options >> Perfectmeta.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• EliC
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
                    found it, thanks

Comment

• Vulcan
                      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
                      Great. I never realized I could disable it.

Comment

• EliC
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • May 2004

Spoon, your example demonstrates what I was saying above. Track 10 AMG and MusicBrainz actually have the same data.
                        Last edited by EliC; 07-20-2009, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• bhoar
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Sep 2006

Spoon, your example demonstrates what I was saying above. Track 10 AMG and MusicBrainz actually have the same data.
                          Specifically, in post number 2 near top of this thread.

-brendan

PS - why does the pound sign get translated to *blooper* by the board software?

Comment

• EliC
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by Porcus
                            I just found a CD where AMG disagrees with GD and MusicBrainz, who mutually agree -- except for spacing in some (not all) fields. Then since AMG has highest priority, it was chosen for these fields and not for the others. AMG was clearly pointing to a different release too, so I got metadata mixed from two different CDs.

A more "intelligent" (right ...) algorithm could be
                            -> for the purposes of deciding which ones are wrong, first perform a comparison with spaces and dots and special characters stripped.
                            -> If two sources agree at that point, then AMG is outvoted
                            -> If this is the case for sufficiently many fields in one disc, then weight these two sources heavier for the rest.

Example -- disregard freedb here, assume we only use AMG, GD, MusicBrainz:
                            If GD and MusicBrainz agree that this is Performer 'Foo' Album 'Bar' and AMG says it is Performer 'Someone' Album 'Else', then GD and MusicBrainz have the upper hand. Now if GD writes a song title as 'What If ...' and MusicBrainz as 'What If...', then PerfectMeta would choose AMG's song title. A wiser choice would be to disregard the space and conclude that GD and MusicBrainz agree, and pick one of them.

If GD has 'Foo' and 'Bar!' while MusicBrainz has 'Foo?' and 'Bar' then likewise they should be considered in agreement, I think.

And, finally: Suppose that GD and MusicBrainz are considered to be in agreement on all tracks except the last one, which according to GD is 'Untitled' and MusicBrainz is 'Bonus Track'. Clearly, AMG's information is about a different album than the two others, so AMG should be scored down and either GD or MusicBrainz should be chosen.

Alternatively: If the differences are so significant that it is clear that AMG mentions a different album, then disregard it being outvoted and stick to it -- since AMG metadata can only be inserted upon ripping (while MusicBrainz can later, right?)
                            re-post from linked thread above.

Comment

• EliC
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • May 2004

The multi-artist detect algorithm seems so be a bit to aggressive. I have noticed that artists formated as "Some Dude & The Dudets" are detected as multiple artists and remapped to Some Dude; The Dudets. Maybe an exclusion in the rules should be used when &/and is followed by THE ( "& the" or "and the" ).
                              Spoon, could you at least separate the options so that the user can only use feat or featuring or ft. The & rule causes more problems then it solves.

Comment

Working...

]]>