title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PerfectMeta Discussion

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: PerfectMeta Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by EliC View Post
    Discogs
    Shouldn't be too hard either:
    http://www.discogs.com/help/api

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Porcus View Post
    Shouldn't be too hard either:
    http://www.discogs.com/help/api
    I am doing another large rip (about 600 discs) and find myself going to discogs very frequently when its unclear which meta source is correct. I understand it cannot be searched in the same way as other sources, however it could easily be searched by generated a first pass Perfectmeta Artist and Album, and then using those to search discogs, to get the track information. It won't help with artist and album, but another source for all of the track data, date, label, etc. would be very helpful. Not to mention another source for album art.

dBpoweramp Guru

- People are writing scripts to integrate Discogs data to MusicBrainz. If they can get it into MusicBrainz, then ...

- The Jaikoz tagger claims to auto-lookup Discogs. Don't know how or how well it works. However, it uses Amplifind sonic fingerprints.

dBpoweramp Guru

PerfectMeta should preventor seriously downgrade an artist from being listed as:
    Various Artist

I have found this on quite a few from AMG in the latest batch. Most recent disc is:

Altered Beats - Assassin Knowledges Of The Remanipulated

dBpoweramp Guru

When the number of tracks from 1 one the sources does not match the number of tracks on the disc, its results should be seriously downgraded.

This should include any images. I just ripped Bows Blush. AMG returned the incorrect artist and album and didn't even have the correct track cound. However, despite PM showing that all of the AMG meta-data was wrong the AMG album art was used (GD3 pic was correct).

If all other AMG meta-data is wrong, AMG specific meta-data should not be used.

dBpoweramp Guru

In this case PM actually used the AMG data for track *blooper*7 because GD3 and freedb had the same info, but this is not counted and MB actually had the same info, but spacing was different, so AMG ruled, incorrectly.
    Last edited by EliC; 11-20-2010 at 11:54 AM.

Administrator

Noted

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Noted
    thanks, I am actually finding this pretty frequently. Another example just to show its not a one time thing:

http://tinypic.com/r/301zo6a/7

dBpoweramp Guru

Here is an example where AMG list the artist as "various artist" and where dbpoweramp actually chooses it as the correct option:

dBpoweramp Guru

An example where GD3, MB, and freedb agree, exactly, and disagree with AMG, yet AMG rules... is there something in the Perfectmeta about punctuation?

Discogs agrees with GD3, MB and fDB as well ( http://www.discogs.com/Steel-Pulse-R...release/554159 )

Lightbulb Re: PerfectMeta Discussion

Following EliC's suggestion, I post here my ideas about the Manual Meta Review window:

1. The Manual Meta Review window should be resizable: Actually it fills almost all of my 2560*1600 screen which is somewhat uncomfortable.

2. The Manual Meta Review window should have alternating white and light gray background rows, so it would be easier to overview and compare words on the same row.

dBpoweramp Guru

Opensource project with interesting implications and ideas relevant to PerfectMeta:

http://ismir2010.ismir.net/proceedings/ismir2010-35.pdf

http://jmir.sourceforge.net/index_jM...taManager.html

dBpoweramp Guru

There seems to be a bug related to punctuation. I have seen quite a few examples were GD3, MB, & freeDB agree, but the AMG result still is choosen. In these example the 3 that agree all end with some sort of punctuation (! ?) and AMG does not, but PerfectMeta chooses the AMG result.

Administrator

Punctuation is removed from the results to compare.

PerfectMeta is a great addition to dBpoweramp Ripper. Like other users, I'd appreciate if one could use it for existing EAC rips consisting of CUE sheet and image file. The process of 1) unpacking the lossless image (APE, FLAC, WV) to WAV, 2) creating an ISO, and 3) mounting the ISO to a virtual drive could be automated, right? It doesn't have to be a perfect solution, i.e. no hidden track support or multi session with data tracks support is really needed for this purpose, I think. Not every body will have the time and will to re-rip hundreds of albums just to get proper metadata...

It would also be great if one could select additional tag fields beside the provided ones. These do not have to be spported by all providers but can be unique to a single metadata provider (like the musicbrainz id).

Any plans to support CUETools DB ?