title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Running two Asset servers on two Pis

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Running two Asset servers on two Pis

I had two separate Asset servers running on two separate Pi 2s. Being a sucker for punishment I have just upgraded to Pi3 and duly got Asset up and running fine. I then cloned that card and put in the second Pi, did all the usual IP changes etc and made sure that the Asset server was called something different. Both run individually and both can be contacted by their web pages. However. rather than appearing as two separate servers (as they used to) on my control point, only one of them appears and that changes depending on what server last was asked to configure itself.

I reinstalled Asset on one server, without a full de-install, but that made no difference. Any thoughts?

Philip

Administrator

Re: Running two Asset servers on two Pis

You cannot clone, as the first run creates a unique ID for asset, which is not the name, control points use this.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You cannot clone, as the first run creates a unique ID for asset, which is not the name, control points use this.
    so to remove completely, do i just delete /usr/bin directory and ~/.dBpoweramp stuff too?
    Philip

Super Moderator

[sorry about late reply]

rm -rf ~/.dBpoweramp
    ... should do it.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

no worries, have removed and reinstalled and both running fine with their own IDs and names!