title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Scripting portable mp3 players

Unregistered

Question Scripting portable mp3 players

Is it possible to write a VB script that automatically copies an MP3 file to my Rio 600 using the APIs available? Since the Rio 600 doesn't put a drive in the file system, I am having a hard time figuring out how to script this ...

Thanks for any help...

-- Nilay

Administrator
    You could try setting the compression type to the shown name of the Rio (in the right click menu). Then it should work.

Unregistered

Question

Sorry, I don't understand your explanation ... (I don't have any experience with Illustrate products ...)

Do I need dbPowerAMP or Sveta for VB scripting? What does the compression type have to do with it?

Thanks for your help ... and sorry for being a newbie ...

-- Nilay

Administrator
    Underneath Sveta just uses dBpowerAMP Music Converter, so it should be the same as sending a file to a Rio as it is compressing to Wave. You need the dMC Scripting.

Unregistered

Smile

Awesome, I will give it a try... & report back...

Thanks for the tip!

-- Nilay

Unregistered
    Well, I wasn't successful ... I followed the examples on the developer page and always receive the same error message from Music Converter: "Unable to send file to portable player. Please check connection and player has free memory."

Here is the code that I used ... Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?

Set dMC = CreateObject("dMCScripting.Converter")
    dMC.VolumeNormalize = False
    dMC.PreserveTags = True
    dMC.DeleteSourceFiles = False
    dMC.ConvertToFolder = False
    Call dMC.AddFromFile("C:\myfile.mp3")
    Call dMC.GoConversion("Rio 600 Digital Music Player", True, False, False, False)

When I manually use the program to copy the files to my Rio, it works fine ... but there are few options on screen that are not available via script ... These are the Write To (select which internal memory card on the Rio to use) and the Audio Format (select which audio format the resulting file should be on the Rio).

I want to write a very simple script that does the following...

1) Delete all the files from the Rio.
    2) Copy a specific MP3 file from the hard drive to the Rio's internal memory with no conversion required.

Once again, thanks for the help...

-- Nilay

Administrator
    It is probbably similar to the WMA 8 codec (both Microsoft WMA / WDM), that does not work unless the option page is shown.