title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dbpoweramp for Mac OSX?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sou1 So1di3r
    • Feb 2008

dbpoweramp for Mac OSX?

Hey, I have a PC now and I use dbpoweramp to convert all my .flac shows I donwload to ALAC (I'm an iTunes guy) and I was just wondering if there was a version of dbpoweramp for Mac OSX because I am getting an Apple laptop soon for college and I would love to still be able to use this amazing program.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: dbpoweramp for Mac OSX?

No, dMC is only available for Windows. People have gotten some functionality to work via Wine in Linux, but dMC is only developed for Windows.

Comment

• Sou1 So1di3r
      • Feb 2008

Is there any chance of it being developed for OSX in the future?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Probabbly not.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PigsOnTheWing
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Sou1 So1di3r
          I am getting an Apple laptop soon for college and I would love to still be able to use this amazing program.
          dMC works fine with Boot Camp, Parallels, and VMware Fusion, I've tried them all. You will need a copy of Windows XP or Vista, of course, but you can continue to use dMC on your Mac.

Comment

• gfarrar
            • Jun 2005

what i really wan it the dbpoweramp Ripper... its the best ripper i've found, but i always have to borrow my wifes pc to rip cds. I can't get it to work under parallels. I'd happily pay again for the mac version.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Try using DarWine
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• uladz
                • Aug 2007

Looks like DarWine was abandoned long time ago :-(. I'm a long time Windows user + music fan and naturally bought dbPowerAmp at some point for ripping. But lately I have switched to Mac (sorry, Windows plain sucks as a dev platform) and moved my collection to Mac. Now I have to do this dance between my Windows notebook and MacBook to rip a disc and then move audio files over to Mac. Anyhow, +1 for a Mac version of dbPowerAmp. The best software for ripping Audio CDs IMHO.

Comment

Working...

]]>