title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Problem renewing AMG license

Question Problem renewing AMG license

Hi,

I have DMC 12.4 Reference. Per DBP Config I have 8 days remaining on my AMG license :cry:. So a good time to spend $5 and renew it. Did it, and got an e-mail back from SWREG. The e-mail gives me actually two different licenses:

First it says:

Thank you for purchasing All Media Guide 1 Year Access.
    your program download link is:
    <edit> (lots of digits)

Then it says:
    Download AMG license:
    <edit>

If I go through the first link I get a file of the form dBpoweramp-AMG-2007-xxxxx.exe . If I go through the second link I obviously get a file of the form dBpoweramp-AMG-2008-xxxxx.exe . The problem is that neither seems to have any effect.

I tried installing the 2008 first, connected to AMG using some disk, and then looked again at DBP config; no joy. Same thing with the 2007 license. Any idea?

Thanks, -- Ham
    Last edited by Spoon; 02-25-2008 at 05:28 AM.

Re: Problem renewing AMG license

Edit: Never mind, I see that you checked dBpoweramp Configuration. When you ran the installer, did you tell it to uninstall the previous version or not? Try the other way and see if that helps.
    Last edited by LtData; 02-24-2008 at 10:00 PM.

Yes, I tried both. First I tried no uninstall (hey, this might give me another 8 days, worth a whopping 10c !) but the installer returned way too quickly. With uninstall it seems to do something.... To compound the mystery, the installer correctly reports the current version (2008-1) and the same version is also visible in the control panel under add/remove programs. I guess that I could just uninstall DMC completely and restart from scratch, but it it is a pain.

Administrator

The new license will only take effect when the old one expires.

Thumbs up Re: Problem renewing AMG license

Yes, it worked! Thanks Spoon!