title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem to convert mpg to wav

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • franck
    • Feb 2008

Problem to convert mpg to wav

Hi,

I want just to convert the audio part from an mpg video file (.mpg) to audio wav file with dMC-R12.2-Ref-Trial.

It appears that result wav file is garbled and unintelligible with lot of scrash.

source is mpg file (MPEG PS):
    length 7mn, 2 channels (stereo), sample rate 48khz, sample size 16bits, variable bitrate 176kbps

destination is wave file
    uncompressed 16bits, 2 channels, 44.1khz

How can i do to convert audio part correctly ?

Thanks
    Last edited by franck; 02-12-2008, 09:33 AM.
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: Problem to convert mpg to wav (scrash)

I'm not sure that dMC can extract the audio data from a video (mpg) file.

Comment

• petriburg
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2002

Re: Problem to convert mpg to wav

You could try Free DVD ripper from www.lifehacker.com I haven't used it myself, and it claims to be for windows only. Cost nothing to try! - Tony

Comment

• bob1941
        • Nov 2002

The only program I know which will allow you to extract the audio from a video is Total Recorder. I use it often for that purpose.

Comment

• xoas
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2002

Franck-
          I share Wayne's suspicion that Music Converter (dMC) probably cannot convert your .mpg video file (it is probably trying to read video information as audio information since it can read/convert audio only .mpg files). And I suspect that Tony and Bob's recommendations are a bit more useful.
          There are a couple of things you might try just to rule out that dMC can't do it:
          1. Assuming your reference features are still active, try enabling Professional Frequency Conversion (this is set in Configuration on the bottom of the page tabbed Music Converter) and try the conversion again;
          2. Try converting yoour .mpg file to wav at 48 kHz. If that works, then convert the 48 kHz wav to 44.1 kHz wav.

Should either of these work, please let us know.

Keep us posted on what you find in any case as we do run into a fair number of requests like yours.

Best wishes,
          Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>