title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: cd.ini and bulk loading track names

cdplayer.ini and bulk loading track names

I see a reference to cdplayer.ini under the meta options, but I can't find any documentation on it.

On a possibly related note, I have CDs with dozens of tracks, and I have the track listings in a text file. Is there some way to point the ripper at that file for the track names, and maybe other tags?

Thanks for all the support here folks - I'm having a blast and feeding both freedb and All Media Guide, not to mention AccurateRip. I'm in the middle of ripping the complete collection of Bach Organ works.
    Last edited by kdq; 02-07-2008 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Not "cd.ini", but "cdplayer.ini"

Re: cdplayer.ini and bulk loading track names

Bad form to follow up on one's post, but I see the ripper *writes* cdplayer.ini, but doesn't *read* from it, and, in fact, overwrites the changes I make.
    Last edited by kdq; 02-07-2008 at 11:15 PM. Reason: typos

Re: cdplayer.ini and bulk loading track names

Even worse form to double-follow-up. Here's what I've found:

Put in some information for the CD, including one track name - it doesn't matter what name you put it - it's just a place keeper. Rip the one track. Disable all the meta input except cdplayer.ini and exit.

Edit cdplayer.ini, being aware that there are bare <CR> charcters, so use a good editor - I use Epsilon. Go to the end of the file and put the track information there. Restart the ripper, and voila!