title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to remove Track Gain from MP3

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: How to remove Track Gain from MP3

Quote Originally Posted by Dropbear View Post
    I'm finally going through my Archived Music Collection which has a lot of very old MP3 files that cause errors when re-processed. They play ok, but have errors in their headers (and sometimes [but rarely] with corrupted tags).
    What errors are you getting and in which application? I downloaded your mp3 and it appears fine.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    What errors are you getting and in which application? I downloaded your mp3 and it appears fine.
    Yep. Thanks mville. I've done a little bit more thinking after I posted this torrent of posts. lol. Sometimes it helps me get my thoughts around an issue. I might mull this project over for a while, before I get back here. I might be getting too hung up on the small details. I realize I'm doing things in a non-standard way. Ideally for me, (and probably only for me) by processing Music videos and regular music files in the same batch process, the 2 dBpoweramp Converters would be combined into 1 super Converter that handles both Video & Audio files perfectly, as they do separately, but alas that probably won't happen, so I need to work around that.

The MP3 file I uploaded does appears perfectly fine, and the replaygain_track_gain setting technically should be there as it is. It's just that I wanted to be able to clear it out, for my project. Anyway I've found a way to do that now, so all's good.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Just some useful info for those who might also want to cut the "replaygain_track_gain" pseudo-tag from their original MP3 files.

I used this small program called "mp3DirectCut" from mpesch3.de together with lame_enc.dll from rarewares.org/mp3-lame-bundle.php

Note: You must use the 32-bit version of lame_enc.dll, otherwise the program will tell you that it can't find it, instead of telling you that it's not compatible. That caught me out when I used the 64-bit version !

Just load your MP3, (it also supports drag & drop) and from the "File" menu select... "Save complete audio..."

It did the job of removing the ReplayGain info from the MP3 header.

Works a treat. No re-encoding occurs, and all Metadata is retained. Only the LAME headers are modified. Perfect !

dBpoweramp Guru

Nice tip. Thanks!