title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tagging troubles - MP3 vs ALAC in iTunes

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: tagging troubles - MP3 vs ALAC in iTunes

Very nice. I've now modified some of my mp3tag actions based on your stuff. I like using your conditional statements so that I create soundcheck values for either AAC or MP3 all in one step and clean up any compilation tags as well. I appreciate your systematic look at these things and positive contributions to the board.

Re: tagging troubles - MP3 vs ALAC in iTunes

Quote Originally Posted by jbmccune View Post
    There are really only three remaining annoyances:
    1) Related to my original *3, ...
    This should have said "Related to my original *4, ..." -yes, I'm a bit of a perfectionist (actually, I just know how frustrating it can be to try to follow a forum thread when mistakes are made by the authors).

Until the problem with the Multi-Encoder and Album Gain is fixed, I've added a step between ripping and using MP3Tag where I use dBpoweramp Batch Converter with the ReplayGain codec to add the Album Gain tags. Since my ALACs and MP3s are being ripped to different root folders, I run the Batch Converter twice, once on each folder, so that it doesn't mix the formats when doing the calculation. I find this easier, faster and more reliable than running the ripper twice instead of using the Multi-Encoder, or ripping only to ALAC first and then encoding a copy from ALAC to MP3.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I appreciate your systematic look at these things and positive contributions to the board.
    I'm glad it's appreciated. I'm usually just a lurker, figuring stuff out on my own and not really sharing - mostly only coming out of the shadows when I have a question for the devs or community in general that I can't or don't feel like figuring out on my own. If this kind of analysis is really helpful to someone, maybe I'll consider being more publicly active...I tend to be a little too much for most people I know and have learned to just keep a lot of the ramblings in my head.