title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DBpoweramp CD Ripper crashes in Vista consistently

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fullhousedenver
    • Jan 2008

I've installed v 12.3 registered. It worked great. The next time I fired it up it looked OK until I inserted a CD into the drive. I then got an error message from windows saying "dbpoweramp CD Ripper has stopped working."

This happens consistently when I insert the CD. I've upgraded to v12.4 but the crash still happens consistently when I insert the CD. If I don't insert the CD the program looks exactly normal - until I insert the CD.

Help!

MS Vista Ultimate
    Core 2 Duo
    2Gigs ram
    500 Gig HD
  • fullhousedenver
    • Jan 2008

Re: DBpoweramp CD Ripper crashes in Vista consistently

I should note it's not a hardware problem. I can restore to point several days ago and dBpoweramp CD ripper works again.

Comment

• brtjcksn
      • Dec 2007

Having same problem as fullhousedenver, with cd ripper crashing in vista.
      have tried restore, uninstalling and reinstalling, same problem reoccours.

any help with situation would be appreciated!

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Try totally clearing dMC from the system here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=13285
        And then reinstalling it.

Comment

• fullhousedenver
          • Jan 2008

Having to reinstall dBpoweramp regularly in Vista seems like overkill

Having to go through a two-stage deinstall, and then having to do a reinstall is a lot of work to fix what looks like a bug somewhere between Vista and dBpoweramp. It's easier at that point just to do a System Restore - but neither solution fixes the recurring problem.

The last time it stopped working was immediately after I pushed the Meta button to retrieve titles.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Re: Having to reinstall dBpoweramp regularly in Vista seems like overkill

What security software are you running?

Comment

• jqubed
              • May 2005

I'm getting the same problem. Will try the complete re-install and let you know how it goes.

Comment

• jqubed
                • May 2005

Originally posted by jqubed
                I'm getting the same problem. Will try the complete re-install and let you know how it goes.
                the re-install seems to have worked, but i'm reserving judgement because when i'd installed the first time it worked fine for a while then, too

Comment

Working...

]]>