title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: MODatic web site

dBpoweramp Guru

MODatic web site

is MODatic web site gone? i haven't heard from peter in a while. the site dns seems to have gone all together.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    No it ain't, my host is having problems. (again....)

This message is to all Worldzone Pro members. We are having problems with our main sites so we will keep everyone up to date as best we can.

We are aware that all sites on the 1st (Zues) server are offline. We have been working on it since the server went offline and will continue to work until it is back online. NO account information has been lost. Everyone's web site information is still intact and we will do everything possible to get your web sites back online.
    yeah offline for nearly a day...

I have no FTP, CP or any access at all. This is really pissing me off. Maybe I should actually start updating my website again since I have some time :rolleyes:

edit: now that I think of it, my yearly billing is coming close to clocking over, well timed WorldZone
    Last edited by MODatic; 01-13-2003 at 08:26 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru
    hey MODatic, your alive!

i guess severs can be unpredictable at times. but they have been pretty good in the past?

Administrator
    As long as it is not a major bandwidth site, you can put it on one of the dBpowerAMP server, if you like.

dBpoweramp Guru
    i hope your not clostraphobic Spoon

dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    The servers have been going extremely well for the last month until they got hacked and hit by a trojan a couple days ago. They were at the servers at the time and managed to shut the hacker out, log the IP and reported it and got the person banned. They're taking legal action against the hacker too. No account data, database or any of my website stuff has been lost. They've reformatted that server and put on Redhat 7.3 (up from 7.1) and they're reinstalling everything. So I'm going to have to wait another day before I have access to my stuff again.

but they have been pretty good in the past?
    Their main webservers have always been fine, it's just their MySQL servers that have been ubstable as hell.

Thanks Spoon. Far from a high bandwidth site, never get more than 500-700MB a month. But I'll wait and see with WorldZone before I do anything. Would I be able to park my domain on that server?

Administrator
    No problems parking modatic.net on Illustrates server.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Talking modatic.net is back up

The servers seem a little slower but things are now running again!

dBpoweramp Guru
    and on that note, my old http://razgo.com multimedia site is back too. a few things to sort out like broken links etc... and a ton of upgrades i have to do to get it to the latest version also.

but my forum is kaput :( the database is corrupt but i am sure i will get it going again too :D