title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

quick newbie accuraterip question...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whydah
    • Jan 2008

quick newbie accuraterip question...

first of all, thanks for all the incredbile information. i am new but learning quickly, appreciate all the time spent sharing tips/help.

my drive offset is not listed (i see other similar TSST drives but not an exact match.) tried to add my drive offset to the database but just can't figure it out, have looked everywhere. i am using EAC.

thanks in advance...
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: quick newbie accuraterip question...

If you put in Key Discs, it will offer to configure your drive. If you drive isn't in the database, you need to put in 3 Key Discs that create identical offsets and then your drive will be configured.

Comment

• whydah
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by LtData
      If you put in Key Discs, it will offer to configure your drive. If you drive isn't in the database, you need to put in 3 Key Discs that create identical offsets and then your drive will be configured.
      after trying nearly 10 different cd's, i figured the problem was somewhere else. i see that there can be variants of the same cd, so i'll try keep trying.

thanks !

Comment

• smilingfrog
        • Feb 2008

I am in a similar situation as whydah and possibly SkoobieDu.

I am trying to set up EAC 0.99pb4 (w/ Nero ASPI Library 2.0.1.74) with Accuraterip on a new HP m9040c running Window Vista Home Premuim. It has the following drive according to TSST Win Inquiry:

Drive: TSSTcorpCDDVDW TS-H653N 0208
        Model: TSSTcorpCDDVDW TS-H653N
        Version: 0208
        OEM Code: HP

This drive is not known to AccurateRip, but it has the same read offset (+6) as many other known TSST drives. I have successfully set EAC's read offset using EAC's built in facility and known CDs, but when presented with AccurateRip's "Configure AccurateRip" dialog I get the following:

[...snip...]
        CD Drive Type: TSSTcorp - CDDVDW TS-H653N
        Expected Offset: Unknown Drive
        [...snip...]

Clicking "Configure" for this and for three other known Key Discs, I get the following response for each and every one of them:

"This Key Disc cannot be used for offset detection (it does not match the one stored in AccurateRips database), please try a different Key Disc."

The Key Discs used were all successfully used to configure my wife's EAC+AccurateRip setup two months ago and have also been used successfully for many years prior to that.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be going on here? I have set up EAC many a time (with different optical drives) and I have never ran into anything like this.

Finally, how can I get this drive added to AccurateRip's drive list?

Thanks for any and all help that you can provide.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Only by having accuraterip self configure the drive, keep trying discs.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• smilingfrog
            • Feb 2008

Thank you. That worked, after trying a number of other discs. Makes me wonder why the original four discs that I had used over the years didn't work this time around. Oh well, I've got it all sorted out now. Thanks!

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

If the other drive is in the database already, all you need is 1 matching disc, for drives not in the database you need 3 matching, which could be 20 discs in some instances.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>