title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Monkeys Audio R6 RC1

Administrator

Monkeys Audio R6 RC1

Using Monkey Release 3.97 - now encodes truly on-the-fly (instead of at end).
    Now possible to delete tag values.

Bug Fix: Get Tag now returns non ID3v1 Tag elements

Download: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dBpow...nkeysAudio.exe

This one will go live (full release) in the next week or two. Post if it functions ok for you please.

To tell the truth, Spoon, I can't tell if it is truly riping & encoding at the same time, but it looks like it might not be. I could be wrong.

I see the "ripping to ram" box pause at the end of each track, and the encoding progress bar advances. Then "ripping to ram" continues. But the encoding progress bar seems to inch forward during the ripping as well :-) Running on XP Pro, btw.

My 2-cents here, though, is that with the speed of ripping to ram and the speed of monkey's encoding, it hardly matters IMO. I was quite happy with it as it was, since it is so much faster than going to LAME or Ogg.

Let me run some more tests, maybe with CD's with long tracks so I can see stages more clearly.

Administrator
    Did you have the option 'Rip & Encode at same time' selected?

Yes, I just looked again, and the "Rip & Encode at Same Time" option *is* checked.

I've looked at it on a few more CDs, and it seems that the encoding progress bar keeps on moving, which is good. It is the rip to ram indicator that stops for a while after each track and then resumes. I am assuming that it resumes when the track is fully encoded -- but that's just a guess.

BTW, I have a dual processor machine -- can/will dMC take advantage of it? It looks like this version does not yet do so. Well, most apps don't, but Visual Studio is one that does :-)

And -- I am still very happy with the speed of rip to ram and Monkey's Audio encoding (at "Normal"). I think I'll have to register my Power Pack now before my time runs out!!

Administrator
    Removed and released fully.