title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Ripping Gold Disks

Ripping Gold Disks

I have a number of MOFI gold discs that are virtually new, but when I rip them I get inaccurate rip messages and very slow rip speed. What am I doing wrong?

I just purchased ripper and converter packages so I'm just starting out here. When I play the "inaccurate" files they seem to sound okay.

I just got a new iPOD 80 gig classic for x-mas. I am planning to rip my cds to FLAC to store on a hard drive and convert FLACs to ALAC for the iPOD. I just want the best sound quality possible. I'm not worried about file size since I'll never fill 80 gigs anyway. Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks,
    Eric

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Ripping Gold Disks

Maybe you've got a different pressing of the CDs than in the AR database. If AR can't confirm the rip on the first pass (which is normally very fast), then the (ultra) secure passes are done which last quite long.

Second: FLAC is lossless, so is ALAC. If you use your iPod (and maybe a PC) as source, then why rip to FLAC first and then convert it to ALAC? If you need both formats (whatever the reason may be), the fastest way to do this should be using the the multi encoder in combination with the Apple lossless and FLAC codecs.

Re: Ripping Gold Disks

If you get inaccurate it is probably as suggested, your gold discs is different than the ones in the accurate database even though they have the same tracklists and so on. What I would do is to put the ripper into secure mode, then it rips the track twice and if the two rips are identical it lists it as innaccurate but secure.