title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Songs sound funny

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashley369
    • Dec 2007

Songs sound funny

I don't know what to do to make my songs sound normal on my cd player after i convert them.. I tried using mono and stereo and they both sound funny after i burn the cd and play it on my car stereo. What are the correct settings I shoul be using? I am a novice at this so any feedback would help. Thanks and Merry Christmas all!!
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Songs sound funny

What format and bitrate are your original files?

Comment

• ashley369
      • Dec 2007

The bitrates are all different. Anywhere from 128k to 258k .. but mostly 192k. They are all in mp3 format already but i am converting them to mp3 lame to make a cd with more songs on it. Am i using the wrong settings when I convert them?

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

What is the frequency or sample rate of your files? Mono or stereo?

Comment

• ashley369
          • Dec 2007

Most of them are 44.1 khz but some of them are 32.0.. How do I find out if they are mono or stereo? When i converted them i tried both and they both sounded off...

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Right-click on the files and go to properties, you should have an "Audio Properties" tab which will tell you.

Comment

• Ney
              • Nov 2007

Converting from one lossy format to another lossy format can sometimes makes the songs sounds funny. Remember lossy formats remove song information!

Comment

• ashley369
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Ney
                Converting from one lossy format to another lossy format can sometimes makes the songs sounds funny. Remember lossy formats remove song information!
                I have no idea what that means...

And I cannot find if the songs are mono or stereo. I tried going to properties but it doesn't say.

Comment

• Craze
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Oct 2002

Hover your mouse over the track Title, Artist, or Album while playing these files in dAP. You should get some popup file info if you checked that option on dAP's install.

Comment

• Ney
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ashley369
                    I have no idea what that means...

And I cannot find if the songs are mono or stereo. I tried going to properties but it doesn't say.
                    When converting to mp3 a lot of information is cut away, hence the reduced filesize. Different compression methods mp3/wmv/ogg/mpa/etc uses different methods, so if you have an mp3 which alrady have some information cut off, and you convert it to wmv it may cut away more information and make your songs sound funny. Most of the compression methods assumes that they work on the original signal and not something that has already been compressed-

Comment

Working...

]]>