title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

read offset to zero

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rodney_mckay
    • Dec 2007

read offset to zero

Question, how do I get the read offset to 0, and accuraterip will work? I want to load a EAC image in daemontools, and re-rip with dbpoweramp cd ripper. So i get nice metadata from AMG. Thanks for answering..
  • rodney_mckay
    • Dec 2007

Re: read offset to zero

I found a solution. I have manualy add the read sample offset (zero for a virtual drive) in my registery. Works great!

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

You should let dBpoweramp find the offset, even for virtual mounted images.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Tigerman
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Spoon
        You should let dBpoweramp find the offset, even for virtual mounted images.
        Easier said then done, I ripped 15 cd of which only one was useable. I need 3 of discs.
        So Rodney please tell me how you determined the name and driveletter in the register?

Comment

• Tigerman
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Mar 2005

Finally found 3 key discs that were accepted. Can mount cue/wav-file and use accurate rip.
          Next question (Not DBP ripper related): is there a way to mount individual tracks with the EAC Non-compliant cue-file? I tried 3 different programs for virtual drives, none of them accept the non-compliant cue-file.
          Alcohol 52% gave me an error: no start-index was defined before previous track.
          So maybe some editing would do the trick, I tried to add a INDEX 00 but to no avail.
          Also searched the web for a solution, but couldn't find something that worked.

Some hints would be welcome.

Comment

• Foamer
            • Feb 2009

Dumb question from a new user, but does the offset adjustment apply consistently to a particular drive model? It doesn't change from CD to CD, does it?

Secondly, secure ripping appears to take much longer than AccurateRip. If a CD is in the AccurateRip database, do I need to run with SecureRip at all, and is not Secure Rip applied if an AccurateRip match is not found?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

CDs have pressing offsets. Drives have (usually) consistent offsets.

dBpoweramp will smartly secure rip when it has to, or use AccurateRip when it can.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Foamer
                • Feb 2009

What settings does one use to first rip with AccurateRip followed by Secure if needed? When I set DBPA to secure, I started to see error reports in the rip log even when it was ripping on Secure. Too much longer, as well, and still had more errors?

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

It will use AccurateRip first on secure always.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>