title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Your Naming Scheme

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Your Naming Scheme

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHandZeke View Post
    Porcus, very true. I figured that I would simply make any necessary changes with dBpoweramp before starting the rip. If I simply change let's say "Soundtrack" to "Score" for all the tracks listed, wouldn't that work?

Further questions:

Aren't A LOT of these hard-to-write naming schemes already available? Made by Spoon and available under <Options> <Meta Data & ID Tag>? PerfectMeta Options already lists the "The [artist] option: i.e., replacing "The Beatles" with "Beatles, The." If I select this option, doesn't that take care of not having to have that naming scheme?

Zeke
    Your first question: yes.
    The rest: yes, *I think*. Not completely sure though.

Yes, changing the Genre for the tracks should then let dMC use that genre as far as the naming scheme goes. And if you select that option, you should need a naming scheme that tries to filter out "The", correct.

From Spoon in the "Frequently Asked Questions" forum:

To change an artist such as 'The Beetles' to 'Beetles, The':
    [IFEQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][], The[][]

I do this both for my ARTIST and ALBUM titles:
    [IFEQUALS]album,The [DEL]1,4,[album][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[album][], The[][]

**But How to you write the OPPOSITE of these?

Currently I don't see the album name if there is no "The" associated with an album title. For instance, a track is named, "02 - - Underworld - Cowgirl" where the command is not adding anything for the album name because the album is simply titled "Hackers" without the word "The."

Thanks,
    Zeke

Hi,

I'm sort of confused with this. I feel there's something wrong with the brackets but I can't figure out where. Can anybody help me with it?

[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[[SETLEN]4,0,0,[YEAR][]] [album] [IFMULTI]([disc_total]-CD-Set)[]\[IFMULTI]Disc [SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][]\[track] [artist]\[track][] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][][]\[[SETLEN]4,0,0,[YEAR][]] [album] [IFMULTI]([disc_total]-CD-Set)[]\[IFMULTI]Disc [SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][]\[][track] - [title]

The results are:
    1. "Show Example as Compilation CD": Various Artists\[2003] Immaculate\ - Holiday\[2003] Immaculate\05 - Holiday
    2. "Show Example as Multi-CD Set": Madonna\[2003] Immaculate (2-CD-Set)\Disc 01\05 - Holiday
    3. Both: Various Artists\[2003] Immaculate (2-CD-Set)\Disc 01\05 Madonna\05 - Holiday\[2003] Immaculate (2-CD-Set)\Disc 01\05 - Holiday

You see the mistake? And hopefully the bug?

Thanxalot,
    siriussurfer

Administrator

I think:

Code:
    [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[[SETLEN]4,0,0,[YEAR][]] [album][IFMULTI] ([disc_total]-CD-Set)\Disc [SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][][]\[track] [title]
    is what you are after (not really sure though)

Thank you spoon!
    It's nearly what I wanted. The multi-disk result is perfect. Also the single disk from one Album Artist or Artist.
    The compilation result not yet: Here's still missing the artist information within compilations.

I think this part is perfect: [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\
    The multi-disk part also. But where to put the artist information within the code without touching/killing the perfect parts?

CD Ripper's result is: Various Artists\[2003] Immaculate\05 Holiday
    Here's missing the artist information within Various Artists like:
    "Various Artists\[2003] Immaculate\05 Madonna\05 Holiday" or
    "Various Artists\[2003] Immaculate\05 Madonna - Holiday"

My Perfect Naming Scheme

My latest thoughts:

Arranging albums by years is great within the single artist folders, so you have assorted them (nearly) by release date. I prefer that.

Within various artist folders I prefer arranging the albums by name, followed by release date. After some hours of thinking and checking out (trial and error ;-) I found this scheme as very useful:

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[IFCOMP][album] [[SETLEN]4,0,0,[year][]][IFMULTI] ([disc_total]-CD-Set)\Disk [SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][][][][IF!COMP][[SETLEN]4,0,0,[YEAR][]] [album][IFMULTI] ([disc_total]-CD-Set)\Disc [SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][][][]\[track][IFCOMP] [artist] -[] [title]

Anyway, the code/scheme works. It looks like this:

• Single Artist: Madonna\[2003] Immaculate\05 Holiday
    • Compilation CD: Various Artists\Immaculate [2003]\05 Madonna - Holiday
    • Multi-CD-Set: Madonna\[2003] Immaculate (2-CD-Set)\Disc 01\05 Holiday
    • Multi-CD-Compilation: Various Artists\Immaculate [2003] (2-CD-Set)\Disk 01\05 Madonna - Holiday

This is very fine for me. Perhaps anyone else considers it also useful.

Cheers
    Theseus

P.S.
    Anyone here who knows whether it's possible to shorten this - with the same results?

Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    [IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[IFEQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,Various - [genre][][IF!EQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,[album artist][],Various - [genre][][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][][]\[album] ([IFMULTI][disc_total] []CD[IFMULTI] Set[])\[IFMULTI]Disc [SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][]\[][track] [title]

Generally, here's how I have my collection stored on my hard drive:

Artist
    ...Album One (CD)
    ......01 Track One
    ......02 Track Two

If I've got a Multi-Disc set, it goes like this:

Artist
    ...Album One (2 CD Set)
    ......Disc 01
    .........01 Track One
    .........02 Track Two
    ......Disc 02
    .........01 Track One
    .........02 Track Two

For Compilations with multiple artists, I like to file them by genre:

Various Artists - Blues
    ...Album One (CD)
    ......01 Track One
    ......02 Track Two
    ...Album Two (CD)
    ......01 Track One
    ......02 Track Two

I tried using msb's formula above which I think it's pretty intuitive (others seem to like it too according to numerous posts). However, it isn't exactly working like the example shown above on a multi disk set (I'm using dBpoweramp R15.3 for Windows).

Instead of this:

Artist
    ...Album One (2 CD Set)
    ......Disc 01
    .........01 Track One
    .........02 Track Two
    ......Disc 02
    .........01 Track One
    .........02 Track Two

I got this:

Artist
    ...Album One, Disk 1 (2 CD Set)
    ......Disc 01
    .........01 Track One
    .........02 Track Two
    ...Album One, Disk 2 (2 CD Set)
    ......Disc 02
    .........01 Track One
    .........02 Track Two

For some reason the program added a second Album folder and added "Disk 1" and "Disk 2" in the folder names. I would prefer it to work like msb intended it to work in his example (i.e., just one Album folder with sub folders for each disc, and no "Disk 1" and "Disk 2" in the Album folder name.

I copied msb's code and pasted it in, so I didn't add anything to it to cause this. I also cannot figure out where in the formula "Disk 1" and "Disk 2" is coming from and can only assume dBpoweramp is forcing that additional text to the end of the Album folder name when there is a multi disk CD set.

Anyone know how to fix this? Using an example 2 CD set from Aerosmith, I would like to see:

Aerosmith
    ...Ultimate Aerosmith Hits (2 CD Set)
    ......Disc 01
    .........01 Mama Kin.aif
    .........02 Dream On.aif
    ......Disc 02
    .........01 Crazy.aif
    .........02 Walk This Way.aif

I would greatly appreciate some help as I've spent hours trying to figure this out on my own before posting for help.

EDIT:
    I may have figured out the reason....when I looked at the source CD's tags, it shows "Ultimate Aerosmith Hits, Disk 1" as the Album name. So, dBpoweramp was correctly using what the source CD stated was the album name. OK, so what could I do to msb's formula to account for this and strip ", Disk *" from an album's name tag (if that's even possible)?
    Last edited by digirati; 12-22-2015 at 01:51 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by digirati View Post
    I may have figured out the reason....when I looked at the source CD's tags, it shows "Ultimate Aerosmith Hits, Disk 1" as the Album name. So, dBpoweramp was correctly using what the source CD stated was the album name. OK, so what could I do to msb's formula to account for this and strip ", Disk *" from an album's name tag (if that's even possible)?
    I don't think it is possible as there is no Naming function to do this. You have to manually edit the Album tag (remove ', Disk xx') before ripping.

Thanks mville! I also now realize if I do that I'll have two different tracks with the same track numbers two 1's, two 2's, two 3's, etc. So I would have to then renumber all of the 2nd disc's tracks numbers to pick up after the last track of disc one. Not sure if this is worth the hassle or a good idea. What do you do when ripping multi disc sets?