title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Your Naming Scheme

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vulcan
    • Aug 2006

Re: Your Naming Scheme

FLAC: [IFCOMP]Various[][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][][]\([SETLEN]4,0,0,[Year][]) [album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] [title]

MP3: [IFCOMP]Various[][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][][] - [album] [IFMULTI](Disc [disc]) [](V2)\[track] [title]

I was playing around today with the [IFVALUE] function today. It seems to me that its strvalue and strnovalue positions are reversed from how they are described. Can anyone else confirm this?

Edit: Nevermind... figured out the 'tag' value shouldn't have backets.
    Last edited by Vulcan; 07-13-2008, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• bison8
      • Jul 2008

Hi all, just getting to grips with everything that dB can do and am puzzled by the naming scheme.

I really like msb's scheme and have altered it only to add the year after the album title but would like to remove the forced "(cd)" from the album title (unless it is a multi cd set.

Could someone post the complete working scheme for me as I cannot figure it out - it always affects something else...

here's what I use:

[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[IFEQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,Various - [genre][][IF!EQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,[album artist][],Various - [genre][][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][][]\[album] - [[year]] ([IFMULTI][disc_total] []CD[IFMULTI] Set[])\[IFMULTI]Disc [SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][]\[][track] - [title]

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Try
        Code:
        [IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[IFEQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,Various - [genre][][IF!EQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,[album artist][],Various - [genre][][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][][]\[album] - [[year]] ([IFMULTI][disc_total] CD Set[])\[IFMULTI]Disc [SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][]\[][track] - [title]

Comment

• bison8
          • Jul 2008

Thanks for the reply, your solution still has the brackets "()"

as in:

Madonna\Immaculate - [2003] ()\05 - Holiday

which is a problem I was having - if I take them out it starts to go horribly wrong...

Comment

• EliC
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Try this, should get rid of your extra brachets:

Code:
            [IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[IFEQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,Various - [genre][][IF!EQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,[album artist][],Various - [genre][][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][][]\[album] - [[year]] [IFMULTI][disc_total] CD Set[]\[IFMULTI]Disc [SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][]\[][track] - [title]

Comment

• bison8
              • Jul 2008

You sir are a star.

many thanks :D

Comment

• Porcus
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Vulcan
                [SETLEN]4,0,0,[Year][]
                Any reason to use this, not the checkbox to force no date on year?

Mine is
                [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][] [[year]] ~ [album][IFMULTI] [Disc [disc]][] ~ [cddb_id]\[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][] [[year]] ~ [album][IFMULTI] [Disc [disc]][] ~ [track] ~ [title]

Tildes where others use hypens, because tildes are rarely used in names and titles, and neither folder names except at the beginning or end (GNUess what software I'm used to ...). I rip by the batch (see signature) and haven't yet started to do the V/A. Don't know what naming convention I'll prefer either. Found that I cannot trust AMG for IFMULTI.

Maybe I would want to put everything in folders named after first letter. Have some thousand CDs ...

Comment

• EliC
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

Small change to mine for Various Artist Discs, puts the name of the artist with each track:

[IFCOMP]Various Artists\[album][IFMULTI] (Disc [disc])[]\[track] - [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI] (Disc [disc])[]\[track] - [title][]

Comment

• sredmyer
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • May 2008

Ok I have made my version of the script posted by msb. I have a couple of problems though and I am hoping someone here can help.

Here is my script:

[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[IFEQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,Various Artists - ([genre])[][IF!EQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,[IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[album artist][][][][],Various Artists - ([genre])[][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[album artist][][][],[IFEQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][][][][][][IFMULTI]\[album] ([disc] of [disc_total])[][IF!MULTI]\[album][]\[track] - [title]

And here are my problems
                    1) Multi disc sets add the text "Disc #" outside of the parans and non-compilation discs do not add the artist folder

EX: "Positively 60's" Disc 1 is created as
                    Various Artist - (Rock)\Positively 60's, Disc 1 (1 of 2)\02 - The Weight.flac

EX: Paul Oakenfold's "Travelling" Disc 2 is created as
                    \Travelling, Disc 2 (2 of 2)\02 - Gyromancer

2) Non-compilation discs do not create the Artist folder unless the the artist has "The" in it. I sure this has to do with how I am stripping "The" from the artist. However that is working correctly (see EX #2)

EX: Jim Brickman's "By Heart; Piano Solos" track #2 is created as
                    \By Heart; Piano Solos\02 - Lake Erie Rainfall.flac

EX: The Verve Pipe's "Underneath" track #2 is created as
                    Verve Pipe\Underneath\02 - Never Let You Down.flac

Thanks for your help,
                    Steve

Comment

• LtData
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • May 2004

Try this:
                      [IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[IFEQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,Various Artists - ([genre])[][IF!EQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,[IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[album artist][][][][],Various Artists - ([genre])[][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[album artist][][][],[IF!EQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[artist][][][][][IFMULTI]\[album] ([disc] of [disc_total])[][IF!MULTI]\[album][]\[track] - [title]
                      I have bolded what I did to fix the artist problem. You were checking twice for if the artist had "The" in it, but not having a part for what to do if you did NOT have it.

Also, the disc problem is probably caused by ", Disc 1" being in the album name.
                      Last edited by LtData; 08-01-2008, 02:22 AM.

Comment

• sredmyer
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by LtData
                        Try this:
                        I have bolded what I did to fix the artist problem. You were checking twice for if the artist had "The" in it, but not having a part for what to do if you did NOT have it.

Also, the disc problem is probably caused by ", Disc 1" being in the album name.
                        Nope that is not the problem (though I think you are on the right track). That change results in: "[]\Travelling (2 of 2)\02 - Gyromancer"

The first [IFEQUALS] is there to check for "The" in the [album artist] and the second is there to check the [artist]. This second check should only be done if the [album artist] does not exist.

Thanks
                        Steve

Comment

• sredmyer
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • May 2008

Well I thought I would add a colorized and formatted version of the script which I think is much easier to read. However I don't seam to be able to do that (colorize text). Not sure why. Any way here is a a version which is formatted for readability at least.

[IFCOMP]
                          [IFVALUE]album artist,
                          [IFEQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,Various Artists - ([genre])[]
                          [IF!EQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,
                          [IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[album artist][][][],Various Artists - ([genre])[]
                          []
                          []

[IF!COMP]
                          [IFVALUE]album artist,
                          [IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[album artist][][][],
                          [IFEQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][][][]
                          []
                          []

[IFMULTI]\[album] ([disc] of [disc_total])[]
                          [IF!MULTI]\[album][]

\[track] - [title]

Edit: Well I guess I cant do any HTML so no real formatting either

Comment

• LtData
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • May 2004

You still need a check after the [IFVALUE] statement to check the artist if it does NOT have "The" in it.

Comment

• sredmyer
                              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by LtData
                              You still need a check after the [IFVALUE] statement to check the artist if it does NOT have "The" in it.
                              Well that makes sense but I must not be doing it right cause I still do not get the artist folder.

Here is the script:

[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[IFEQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,Various Artists - ([genre])[][IF!EQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,[IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[album artist][][][][],Various Artists - ([genre])[][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[album artist][][][][IF!EQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[album artist][],[IFEQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][][][][IF!EQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[artisit][][][][IFMULTI]\[album] ([disc] of [disc_total])[][IF!MULTI]\[album][]\[track] - [title]

and for the second track of the second disc of Pauk Oakenfold's "Traveling" album,
                              this is the result:

\Travelling (2 of 2)\02 - Gyromancer

Should be:
                              \Paul Oakenfold\Travelling (2 of 2)\02 - Gyromancer

Comment

• sredmyer
                                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                                • May 2008

Here is the same script formatted hopefully making it somewhat more readable

[IFCOMP]
                                [IFVALUE]album artist,
                                [IFEQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,Various Artists - ([genre])[]
                                [IF!EQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,[IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[album artist][][][][],
                                Various Artists - ([genre])
                                []
                                []

[IF!COMP]
                                [IFVALUE]album artist,
                                [IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[album artist][][][]
                                [IF!EQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[album artist][],
                                [IFEQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][][][]
                                [IF!EQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[artisit][]
                                []
                                []

[IFMULTI]\[album] ([disc] of [disc_total])[]
                                [IF!MULTI]\[album][]

\[track] - [title]

Comment

Working...

]]>