title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Naming Scheme

Re: Your Naming Scheme

FLAC: [IFCOMP]Various[][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][][]\([SETLEN]4,0,0,[Year][]) [album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] [title]

MP3: [IFCOMP]Various[][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][][] - [album] [IFMULTI](Disc [disc]) [](V2)\[track] [title]

I was playing around today with the [IFVALUE] function today. It seems to me that its strvalue and strnovalue positions are reversed from how they are described. Can anyone else confirm this?

Edit: Nevermind... figured out the 'tag' value shouldn't have backets.
    Last edited by Vulcan; 07-13-2008 at 05:06 AM.

Hi all, just getting to grips with everything that dB can do and am puzzled by the naming scheme.

I really like msb's scheme and have altered it only to add the year after the album title but would like to remove the forced "(cd)" from the album title (unless it is a multi cd set.

Could someone post the complete working scheme for me as I cannot figure it out - it always affects something else...

here's what I use:

[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[IFEQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,Various - [genre][][IF!EQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,[album artist][],Various - [genre][][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][][]\[album] - [[year]] ([IFMULTI][disc_total] []CD[IFMULTI] Set[])\[IFMULTI]Disc [SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][]\[][track] - [title]

Try
    Code:
    [IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[IFEQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,Various - [genre][][IF!EQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,[album artist][],Various - [genre][][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][][]\[album] - [[year]] ([IFMULTI][disc_total] CD Set[])\[IFMULTI]Disc [SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][]\[][track] - [title]

Thanks for the reply, your solution still has the brackets "()"

as in:

Madonna\Immaculate - [2003] ()\05 - Holiday

which is a problem I was having - if I take them out it starts to go horribly wrong...

dBpoweramp Guru

Try this, should get rid of your extra brachets:

Code:
    [IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[IFEQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,Various - [genre][][IF!EQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,[album artist][],Various - [genre][][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][][]\[album] - [[year]] [IFMULTI][disc_total] CD Set[]\[IFMULTI]Disc [SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][]\[][track] - [title]

You sir are a star.

many thanks :D

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    [SETLEN]4,0,0,[Year][]
    Any reason to use this, not the checkbox to force no date on year?

Mine is
    [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][] [[year]] ~ [album][IFMULTI] [Disc [disc]][] ~ [cddb_id]\[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][] [[year]] ~ [album][IFMULTI] [Disc [disc]][] ~ [track] ~ [title]

Tildes where others use hypens, because tildes are rarely used in names and titles, and neither folder names except at the beginning or end (GNUess what software I'm used to ...). I rip by the batch (see signature) and haven't yet started to do the V/A. Don't know what naming convention I'll prefer either. Found that I cannot trust AMG for IFMULTI.

Maybe I would want to put everything in folders named after first letter. Have some thousand CDs ...

dBpoweramp Guru

Small change to mine for Various Artist Discs, puts the name of the artist with each track:

[IFCOMP]Various Artists\[album][IFMULTI] (Disc [disc])[]\[track] - [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI] (Disc [disc])[]\[track] - [title][]

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Ok I have made my version of the script posted by msb. I have a couple of problems though and I am hoping someone here can help.

Here is my script:

[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[IFEQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,Various Artists - ([genre])[][IF!EQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,[IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[album artist][][][][],Various Artists - ([genre])[][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[album artist][][][],[IFEQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][][][][][][IFMULTI]\[album] ([disc] of [disc_total])[][IF!MULTI]\[album][]\[track] - [title]

And here are my problems
    1) Multi disc sets add the text "Disc *" outside of the parans and non-compilation discs do not add the artist folder

EX: "Positively 60's" Disc 1 is created as
    Various Artist - (Rock)\Positively 60's, Disc 1 (1 of 2)\02 - The Weight.flac

EX: Paul Oakenfold's "Travelling" Disc 2 is created as
    \Travelling, Disc 2 (2 of 2)\02 - Gyromancer

2) Non-compilation discs do not create the Artist folder unless the the artist has "The" in it. I sure this has to do with how I am stripping "The" from the artist. However that is working correctly (see EX *2)

EX: Jim Brickman's "By Heart; Piano Solos" track *2 is created as
    \By Heart; Piano Solos\02 - Lake Erie Rainfall.flac

EX: The Verve Pipe's "Underneath" track *2 is created as
    Verve Pipe\Underneath\02 - Never Let You Down.flac

Thanks for your help,
    Steve

Try this:
    [IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[IFEQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,Various Artists - ([genre])[][IF!EQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,[IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[album artist][][][][],Various Artists - ([genre])[][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[album artist][][][],[IF!EQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[artist][][][][][IFMULTI]\[album] ([disc] of [disc_total])[][IF!MULTI]\[album][]\[track] - [title]
    I have bolded what I did to fix the artist problem. You were checking twice for if the artist had "The" in it, but not having a part for what to do if you did NOT have it.

Also, the disc problem is probably caused by ", Disc 1" being in the album name.
    Last edited by LtData; 07-31-2008 at 10:22 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by LtData View Post
    Try this:
    I have bolded what I did to fix the artist problem. You were checking twice for if the artist had "The" in it, but not having a part for what to do if you did NOT have it.

Also, the disc problem is probably caused by ", Disc 1" being in the album name.
    Nope that is not the problem (though I think you are on the right track). That change results in: "[]\Travelling (2 of 2)\02 - Gyromancer"

The first [IFEQUALS] is there to check for "The" in the [album artist] and the second is there to check the [artist]. This second check should only be done if the [album artist] does not exist.

Thanks
    Steve

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Well I thought I would add a colorized and formatted version of the script which I think is much easier to read. However I don't seam to be able to do that (colorize text). Not sure why. Any way here is a a version which is formatted for readability at least.

[IFCOMP]
    [IFVALUE]album artist,
    [IFEQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,Various Artists - ([genre])[]
    [IF!EQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,
    [IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[album artist][][][],Various Artists - ([genre])[]
    []
    []

[IF!COMP]
    [IFVALUE]album artist,
    [IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[album artist][][][],
    [IFEQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][][][]
    []
    []

[IFMULTI]\[album] ([disc] of [disc_total])[]
    [IF!MULTI]\[album][]

\[track] - [title]

Edit: Well I guess I cant do any HTML so no real formatting either

You still need a check after the [IFVALUE] statement to check the artist if it does NOT have "The" in it.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by LtData View Post
    You still need a check after the [IFVALUE] statement to check the artist if it does NOT have "The" in it.
    Well that makes sense but I must not be doing it right cause I still do not get the artist folder.

Here is the script:

[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[IFEQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,Various Artists - ([genre])[][IF!EQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,[IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[album artist][][][][],Various Artists - ([genre])[][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[album artist][][][][IF!EQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[album artist][],[IFEQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][][][][IF!EQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[artisit][][][][IFMULTI]\[album] ([disc] of [disc_total])[][IF!MULTI]\[album][]\[track] - [title]

and for the second track of the second disc of Pauk Oakenfold's "Traveling" album,
    this is the result:

\Travelling (2 of 2)\02 - Gyromancer

Should be:
    \Paul Oakenfold\Travelling (2 of 2)\02 - Gyromancer

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Here is the same script formatted hopefully making it somewhat more readable

[IFCOMP]
    [IFVALUE]album artist,
    [IFEQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,Various Artists - ([genre])[]
    [IF!EQUALS]album artist,Various Artists,[IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[album artist][][][][],
    Various Artists - ([genre])
    []
    []

[IF!COMP]
    [IFVALUE]album artist,
    [IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[album artist][][][]
    [IF!EQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[album artist][],
    [IFEQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][][][]
    [IF!EQUALS]artist,The [DEL]1,4,[artist][],[artisit][]
    []
    []

[IFMULTI]\[album] ([disc] of [disc_total])[]
    [IF!MULTI]\[album][]

\[track] - [title]