title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Accurate rip with virtual drive

Accurate rip with virtual drive

Is it possible to use accurate rip with a virtual drive? I have downloaded a bin and cue and mounted it with alcohol 52%. Just want to (try to) check the rips I make with accurate rip.
    I think it needs some register tinkering (especially with drive off-sets), but it should be possible.
    If someone can give me some useful hints I would be most grateful

Re: Accurate rip with virtual drive

AccurateRip has never worked well with virtual drives as far as I know, but I have never done it myself. If you look over at the old AccurateRip forum, http://www.audiosense.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28, you will see a few threads on this.

Thanks for the link. But is there a way to add the necessary register keys manually? Just need the keys because I need to play around with the off-set anyway because I don't know the used drive.
    I have tried about 10 key discs, but only one is usable. The others are whining about 'does not match the one stored in Accuraterips database'

I made de cue/wav by manually setting the offset of my drive to 0. Accurate rip finds the correct offset of my physical drive (+48, 192 bytes) but needs 2 more discs. With the luck I have, I probably need to rip all my cd's before I find another 2

I use Alcohol 52% with EAC and Accuraterip.

In the Alcohol Virtual Drive Options you can change the Vendor Identification to DAEMON and the Product Identification to DVD-ROM. Accuraterip will configure the virtual drive with the offset of 0 and you won't need a key disc.

Thanks for the tip, will note that for the next time
    I found 3 key discs that were accepted so I already have set up accurate rip with the virtual drive.
    Just extracted a MDF image succesfully (I had to change the offset to the one originally used (had to guess) but all tracks were ripped accurately.