title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Composer Max Batch Ripper Drivers

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bhoar
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2006

Re: Composer Max Batch Ripper Drivers

Originally posted by EliC
    Finally got something that may have more meaning:

[codebox] MOVE:2 SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SICommand Failed: _MOVE`{ib}:I{ib}M PICK SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SICommand Failed: _PICK:BXOLast command failed or timed out, skip value is cyclebins...
    MOVE:3 SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SICommand Failed: _MOVE`{ib}:I{ib}M PICK SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SICommand Failed: _PICK:BXOLast command failed or timed out, skip value is cyclebins...
    MOVE:4 SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SICommand Failed: _MOVE`{ib}:I{ib}M PICK SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SICommand Failed: _PICK:BXOLast command failed or timed out, skip value is cyclebins...[/codebox]
    Er, try adding --spacestring=+ to each command line

(edit: changed ] to + as cancel batch needs the brackets)

-brendan
    Last edited by bhoar; 07-04-2008, 03:09 AM.

Comment

• EliC
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Brendan,
      Can you comment on

1)--composerdrive= how do I know which to choose?
      2)--drivebank= do I change this value?

Comment

• EliC
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

no love with

--spacestring=+

does it matter where in the line I add the code? or just anywhere in each command line?

Comment

• EliC
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

BTW, I guess all 716s are not created equal, though I can't believe theirs isn't off the shelf. The drive bay comes out to far. I had firmware 1.06. Tried upgrading to their firmware 1.10. Its a bit better but the tray will need a little modding to get rid of the vertical disc tabs.

Comment

• bhoar
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Sep 2006

Brendan,
            Can you comment on

1)--composerdrive= how do I know which to choose?
            2)--drivebank= do I change this value?
            1) You'll need to experiment. There's no rhyme nor reason as to the association between windows drive letter and composer drive position. FWIW, they are layed out like this (facing the unit), if my memory of an hour ago still works:

B A
            D C

2) Doesn't matter too much at the moment, I'm running with all four set to --drivebank=1. If you set A and C to --drivebank=1 and B and D to --drivebank=2, there might be some slight robotic optimization possible now, maybe more in the future, but let's keep thing simple for the moment, shall we?

no love with

--spacestring=+

does it matter where in the line I add the code? or just anywhere in each command line?
            See email for an updated driver kit, should work out of the box now.

BTW, I guess all 716s are not created equal, though I can't believe theirs isn't off the shelf. The drive bay comes out to far. I had firmware 1.06. Tried upgrading to their firmware 1.10. Its a bit better but the tray will need a little modding to get rid of the vertical disc tabs.
            As I said, always measure (comparatively) the tray spacing and clearance before installation. There are multiple reasons I said leave some original drives in - helps with aligning new drives comparatively but, more important from my point of view, now you're possibly stuck having to reseat the originals in the correct positions and robot problems might come up that seem like driver problems but are really drive or placement problems.

Also, depending on the mounting arrangement, you might be able to install the 716 drives farther back to workaround the tray extension issue.

-brendan

Comment

• EliC
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

I have only done 2 of the drive so far and I can always re-calibrate.

Comment

• EliC
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

dBpoweramp's batch configuration keeps crashing everytime I run the Pre-Patch test. I run the test, the robot goes through the reset motions, the window in the configuration says test running, but then it stops responding. I am not sure if this is a driver issue or a dBpoweramp issue.

Comment

• EliC
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

despite the configuration test crashing the robot seems to be running well

so far...
                  1) the first bin the robot goes to to get discs is suppossed to be the output bin (9 oclock bin looking at the robot)

2)how does it choose what drives to load first? it loaded A then D.

3)Any reason the robot waits for the disc to load before moving to the next step?

Comment

• EliC
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • May 2004

there was an error on the disc, so the batch ripper is set to reject the disc. The disc was ejected. The robot picked it up, waited, and then replaced it in the drive. Then I got an error msg that drive G was shutting down.

Comment

• EliC
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • May 2004

After ripping the first 4 discs it simply said finished batch rip. Never unloaded any discs to the output bin or got any new ones.

After each individual disc rips should it be unloaded or does the batch ripper only load/unload them all at once?

Comment

• bhoar
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Sep 2006

dBpoweramp's batch configuration keeps crashing everytime I run the Pre-Patch test. I run the test, the robot goes through the reset motions, the window in the configuration says test running, but then it stops responding. I am not sure if this is a driver issue or a dBpoweramp issue.
                        There's probably a typo on the pre-batch line somewhere.

-brendan

Comment

• EliC
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • May 2004

I have not touched the com speed or com port. Also, it works when I just go to the ripper and run the robot, except for the problems noted above.

Comment

• bhoar
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Sep 2006

despite the configuration test crashing the robot seems to be running well

so far...
                            1) the first bin the robot goes to to get discs is suppossed to be the output bin (9 oclock bin looking at the robot)

2)how does it choose what drives to load first? it loaded A then D.

3)Any reason the robot waits for the disc to load before moving to the next step?
                            1) Is it possible that some drives are configured for the older driver? Try unconfiguring and reconfiguring and make sure the most recent driver is chosen. Alternately, maybe the hardware can be configured at the factory to give different disk stack numbers.

2) It's random.

3) Yes. Some ripping houses had problems with drive open/drive closed using my speed optimized methods (looks like it depended on how the drive was connected to the computer). Out of caution, I've reverted to the simplest method for the time being, that being a standard "close drive and wait for disc type recognition before exiting" approach. You can try the faster method by adding --newestdrives to the command lines, but please avoid doing so until all other issues are resolved.

-brendan
                            Last edited by bhoar; 07-04-2008, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• bhoar
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by bhoar
                              There's probably a typo on the pre-batch line somewhere.

-brendan
                              Oh, right. By crash you mean hang.

If one drive successfully ran pre-batch, then in order for other drives to successfully run pre-batch, a load must be successfully tested. This is because a successful pre-batch leaves a "reservation" for that drive waiting in the temporary directory. It tells all other pre-batches to wait until the reservation clears before trying to get their own reservation.

reject and unload also create a reservation for the drive.

Post-batch is a handy way to all reservations. You can also do that manually by looking in your account's temporary directory here...

C:\Documents and Settings\<ACCOUNT NAME>\Local Settings\Temp

...and deleting all of the ulcli related temporary files. Just don't do that while the batch ripper is running.

-brendan

Comment

• bhoar
                                dBpoweramp Guru
                                • Sep 2006

there was an error on the disc, so the batch ripper is set to reject the disc. The disc was ejected. The robot picked it up, waited, and then replaced it in the drive. Then I got an error msg that drive G was shutting down.
                                I've never seen an error message that a drive was shutting down (the robot, yes, but a drive?). Next time it appears try copying it to the clipboard. Typically, you can do this with an error dialog by making sure it has focus and typing ctrl-insert. It should copy the text of the error message to the clipborad.

If that fails try a screen print and crop it.

Regarding rejects, I'll see what I can do. Might be a timing error or a string match error inte the MOVE --command strings.

-brendan

Comment

Working...

]]>