title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: begging and choosing

begging and choosing

spoon,

I've been using the new tag manipulator functionality that you provided to switch the format of multi-artist tags. It seems to me that this conversion function might be going suspiciously slowly. Using the function to modify the tags of an album takes well over twice as long as it took to rip the same album in the first place. Trust me, I am NOT complaining about this. I just wanted to make sure that this slow speed is normal and that I'm not doing something wrong.

Administrator

Re: begging and choosing

Using FLAC files?

Yes, with FLAC files. I tested .ape and .mp3 and they both are basically instantaneous, with encoding speed over 1200x . The FLAC conversion speed always stays under 25x. I'd say the average speed is about 14x, and it sometimes it even drops down below 1x .

Administrator

Flac files have their tags at the front, if the files have album art the whole file has to be re-written.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    Flac files have their tags at the front, if the files have album art the whole file has to be re-written.
    Is this true even if you pad the metadata with 4K? I thought the idea behind padding is to prevent having to rewrite the whole file if you add metadata. Course album art being so large could cause an issue I imagine. Would adding a larger padding help?

Administrator

It is how we handle any FLAC file with album art.