title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: What happened to my AccurateRip ID tags?

What happened to my AccurateRip ID tags?

I am ripping everything to FLAC - I just noticed that tracks I ripped over the weekend seem to be missing the "AccurateRipDiscID" and AccurateRipResult" tags. I didn't knowingly change anything, and under Options -> ID Tags, I still have AccurateRip selected to be written.

I looked at a number of tracks I ripped earlier, and they all seem fine. What could I have inadvertently changed?

- Mark

Administrator

Re: What happened to my AccurateRip ID tags?

Ripping to which audio format?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by chileboy
    I am ripping everything to FLAC

- Mark
    did you check the meta data settings? are the tags set to be written?

OK, I figured out it occurs only when I am using the multi-encoder. I had ripped some CDs simultaneously to FLAC and OGG, and then rather than switching to just the FLAC codec, I just removed Ogg (so I still had the multi-encoder loaded, but only FLAC was listed).

I tested it, and on my system, it seems it never writes the AccurateRip tags if I use the multi-encoder.

BTW, I had posted another thread about .tmp files - Spoon thought it might be my virus scanner, so I turned that off. When I was testing this, I just kept ripping the same track (so that it had to overwrite an existing file). It often left the new file as .flac.tmp, leaving the old .flac intact. It did this when using both the multi-encoder or the flac codec alone, even though in the latter case I specified to "overwrite" when prompted (the multi doesn't prompt).

- Mark

This is a limitation of the multi-encoder and is mentioned in the Multi-Encoder help files, I believe, in regards to the AccurateRip tags.

Yes, I just went and looked, you are absolutely correct, it is noted in the Help.

Now I need to decide if I want to bother going back and re-ripping everything to get those tags in there...sigh.

Thanks.

- Mark

It looks like the next version of the Multi-Encoder for dMC r13 will support writing AccurateRip tags. However, you would need to re-rip your current files to get them in there.

Quote Originally Posted by LtData
    It looks like the next version of the Multi-Encoder for dMC r13 will support writing AccurateRip tags. However, you would need to re-rip your current files to get them in there.
    Yeah, I saw that as well...being the obsessive person I am, I'll probably go back and re-rip my FLAC and OGG, then do them separately going forward with R12, and wait anxiously for the new version.

Thanks for your help.

- Mark