title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Multiple artists tags not working properly in Windows Media Player (WMA)

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Multiple artists tags not working properly in Windows Media Player (WMA)

I am using semi-colons to separate multiple artists in the artist field (for WMA).
    In Windows Media Player, it shows the artist as one entity, with the names running into each other (it also looks like this in Windows Explorer). If I edit it in WMP, the multiple artist feature (the two artists are listed separately in the 'contributing artists' view). However, then the tag is not properly updated.

e.g. 'Nine Inch Nails; Saul Williams' in dBpoweramp CD ripper, shows as 'Nine Inch NailsSaul Williams' in WMP/Explorer. I edit it to 'Nine Inch Nails; Saul Williams' in WMP, then the artists work properly in there and it looks like that in Explorer too. Now the tag reads 'Nine Inch Nails; ; Saul Williams' in the dBpoweramp edit ID tag properties though. If I change it to 'Nine Inch Nails; Saul Williams' here, it goes back to 'Nine Inch NailsSaul Williams' in WMP/Explorer!

What is the correct way to do this?

Administrator

Re: Multiple artists tags not working properly in Windows Media Player (WMA)