title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Temporary files issue

Temporary files issue

Not sure if this has been noted before - in my cursory review here, I couldn't find anything - but I've noticed an issue where sometimes after ripping the temporary files aren't always removed properly.

Right now, I'm multi-encoding to FLAC and OGG simultaneously, but I think I also noticed it when I was ripping to only FLAC.

What will happen is, after ripping there will be one file in the folder like this:

01 Name of Song.ogg.tmp (or .flac.tmp)

I think in the past there has also been an identical 01 Name of Song.ogg (or .FLAC), but last night when it did it there wasn't; I renamed the .tmp and it seemed to be the whole .ogg file (at least, it played properly, and when I re-ripped the same song the file size was the same).

- Mark

Administrator

Re: Temporary files issue

We write the .tmp to change the ID tag, check your virus checker does not have the file open which is stopping dbpoweramp from accessing the file it has written.

Re: Temporary files issue

OK, I've excluded both the "rip to" folders and the CDGrab.exe process from being scanned...I'll see if that solves the issue.

Thanks!

- Mark