title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: last track + blank space + hidden track

last track + blank space + hidden track

Hi,

I'm ripping to FLAC. What's the best way of dealing with CDs that have a looooooong final track, which is comprised of the "last" song, followed by a huge blank gap of silence, followed by a final "hidden" song??? At the moment I'm ripping it as normal, then using Audacity to edit out the silence & split it into 2 tracks, but this is removing all the ID-tag & replay gain info :(

I'm sure this query has probably been dealt with before, but if you could point me in the right direction I'd be most grateful.

Cheers!

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: last track + blank space + hidden track

I dont have a solution, but would like one. It would be nice if last tracks could be scanned, and if there is a long gap of silence they could be flagged as potentially having a hidden last song after silence (HLSAS?), once confirmed this could be submitted to a central db. Another utility would cut the song right before and after the silence, dividing the last track into 3 tracks.

Sounds perfect... here's hoping!

In the meantime, what's the quickest/easiest way of doing it manually, whilst still preserving ID-tags, etc?

Administrator

You can try R13 and the Rip as one feature, just select the last track and listen for the end points.