title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Last Track Error

Last Track Error

I'm getting this error message quite often when trying to rip the last track on an album:

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 6' to 'C:\Users\Administrator\Music\Weezer\The Lion and the Witch EP\06 Holiday.mp3'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 118662 ripping 0 frames track end LBA 118662) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

After Googling this, your forum came up with some posts that kind of covered this, but they were over two years old. What I got from those posts is that this is caused by some problem my cd drive is having with the "lead-in" or "lead-out." I'm not sure what that means, but I've tried ripping with the "read into..." box both checked and un-checked, and it continues to cause an error. I don't know much about CD ripping, so whatever details you could give I would greatly appreciate.

I'm on a brand new computer (HP Pavillion Elite m9040n with Windows Vista), so hopefully my cd drive isn't faulty and I can just change a few settings and get back to ripping.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Last Track Error

Most likely your drive does not overread into the lead-out, though if you have already unchecked the box Im not sure.

Administrator

Make sure you have the latest R12.3, there was a bug in earlier versions which could show the error.

While on the topic of last track - what does it mean when a cd-rom/dvd-rom can't play the last track on a disc without corruption?

I recently purchased an album and the last track plays fine in my car CD player, but is heavily corrupted when I try to play it back on the pc (I have tried on 3 systems with 3 different optical drives, and all exhibit similar behavior). Of course, dbpoweramp is unable to get a clean rip in this case, even with a secure rip that takes hours.

I also exchanged the disc for another copy, but that didn't help either. Just wondering what's up since I haven't seen this behavior before.

Edit: never mind, overlooked the fact that the trouble is only with the last track.
    Last edited by LtData; 11-30-2007 at 07:52 AM.

Administrator

It is more difficult for a cd drive to rip the last track, rather than the first track, it is how cds are designed. A cd can look fine with no scratches, yet can still be unreadable.