title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Guess ID Tag

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chami
    • Oct 2002

Guess ID Tag

I don't know if that is possible, but it would be great if ID Tag Update Module could guess tag, regarding filename and mask.

For example I have a folder with 30 songs. Each filename represents the name of the song. Unfortunately, none of them are tagged. With a mapping like [XX]_[YYYYYYYY].mp3 the tool would rename Track with XX and track name with YYYYYYY.

Is that already possible?

Thank you

Cham.
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: Guess ID Tag

You mean something like the Tag From Filename (legacy) codec available for dMC r11.5?

Comment

• EliC
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Even more powerful, I am hoping/pushing spoon, to develop a tagger that uses acoustic fingerprinting for song identification. AMG, GD3 and MusicBrainz all have acoustic fingerprinting that could be utilized for this purpose.

Comment

• chami
        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Wayne
        You mean something like the Tag From Filename (legacy) codec available for dMC r11.5?
        Yes exactly. But it seems not working with my version under vista (latest dMC).

Cham.

Comment

• donny
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Oct 2002

it doesn't work under the R12 and newer. not sure if the older versions work 100% as they should under vista. but I think there was talk about this...
          there are instructions areound the site how you can have both installed at the same time. the short version is install to a separate folder. R11.5 should go into the same folder as DAP, and R12 into a separate one. also I recomend first installing the older dMC, so that the newer one is used around the system (shell integrate, CD rip), and the older can be accessed thru dAP's MMC, or directly thru it's folder...

hope this helps.

Comment

Working...

]]>