title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Got one CD that wont rip Accurate

Unhappy Got one CD that wont rip Accurate

I got this one CD, Blue Foundation - Sweep of Days. It is not in the acurip database, and I simply cannot get it to rip secure, even with Ultra Secure turned on I always get "insecure". I have ripped some 50 CD's and havn't had a single issue besides this CD. Do you have any suggestions for what i could do to verify that the rip is good?

ps. There's a multimedia session on the CD, don't know if that will change anything, but I have ripped other CD's with PC content on them.

Administrator

Re: Got one CD that wont rip Accurate

Not all cds can be recovered, perhaps buy a replacement cd?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ney
    I got this one CD, Blue Foundation - Sweep of Days. It is not in the acurip database, and I simply cannot get it to rip secure, even with Ultra Secure turned on I always get "insecure". I have ripped some 50 CD's and havn't had a single issue besides this CD. Do you have any suggestions for what i could do to verify that the rip is good?

ps. There's a multimedia session on the CD, don't know if that will change anything, but I have ripped other CD's with PC content on them.
    One CD that isn't accurate completely isn't going to change your enjoyment of that CD, is it? I'm asking out of seriousness, not trying to sound inconsiderate!

To Spoon: The CD playes fine in both my stereo and on the pc. I just can't get it to rip accurate, and it's confusing me why, the rips also sounds ok, I'd just like to figure out why the music converter don't feel that the rip is OK, and if I can do anything about it.

To Niel: I love the CD, which is why I want to be certain that my rip is not flawed in some way

Administrator

Many CD drives when there is an error will interpolate the audio, whilst you might not be able to hear the error, AccurateRip is right to inform you there are errors.

So no ideas to fiddle with offsets or settings in anyway to get a rip that I can be confident about is accurate? Im just very confused that a CD that plays well, can't be ripped without errors. Guess I'll try to borrow a copy from someone and see if that has the same issues.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ney
    So no ideas to fiddle with offsets or settings in anyway to get a rip that I can be confident about is accurate? Im just very confused that a CD that plays well, can't be ripped without errors. Guess I'll try to borrow a copy from someone and see if that has the same issues.
    The problem is that the audio CD standard was designed using two complementary approaches due to the limitations of hardware at the time: detecting and correcting some errors and the player doing the best it can to "hide" other errors in such a way that humans were not likely to perceive the errors.

This is one reason that CD-ROMs have an additional further level of data checksums/redundancy that audio CDs do not have. Computers are much more picky about errors in the least significant bits than human ears are - any error can be fatal to proper operation of code or processing of data.

So, it is very possible to have a CD that plays well (perceived to sound correct) and rips with no *reported* errors in most rippers, but always fails to rip without errors with a "secure" ripper that pays more attention to getting the data off in such a way that the data is provably (or at least mathematically convincingly) correct or true to the original data laid down on the disc.

-brendan

Guess I'll just have to live with it then, and forget that the musicconverter is not happy.