title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch Ripper: Media Changer Loader (Sony XL1B) Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Porcus
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2007

Re: Batch Ripper: Media Changer Loader (Sony XL1B) Discussions

Originally posted by mlburgoon
    What can I do to help get this working for the powerfile c200???
    Long shots, but:

-> Does it matter whether the Removable Storage service is running? (Run: "services.msc" and scroll down to R)

-> Have you tried the mediachanger.exe control? Go to http://mysite.verizon.net/vze39sc9/mediadogg/ and download the GUI (or the mediachanger.exe source if you prefer compiling), then use cmd.exe to give the commands "mediachanger" to get the syntax explained. Works with the Sony XL1.

Comment

• bhoar
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2006

What make, model and firmware versions are the drives installed in the C200?

-brendan

Comment

• mlburgoon
        • Mar 2008

ok, turning on that service made the unit act really wierd and no other program could access the changer.

I can use that mediachanger gui to access and work the unit for the most part. I have not read about what all it can and can't do yet, so not sure if it works completely

toshiba dvd-rom sd-m1212.

not sure how to tell what firmware the drives are, though.

powerfile won't release any firmware updates to me, though. they are being.... well, you all can fill in your own blanks about them.

Comment

• Porcus
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by mlburgoon
          I can use that mediachanger gui to access and work the unit for the most part. I have not read about what all it can and can't do yet, so not sure if it works completely

toshiba dvd-rom sd-m1212
          OK, but you can use the mediachanger utility to change disc, and then access the next one -- unlike with the batch ripper? In that case, the loading and unloading appears reasonably close to the Sony.

The Sony has a drive that identifies as a Matshita DVD-RAM SW-9584, by the way.

Comment

• bhoar
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Sep 2006

Are you sure you associated the changer with the right drive in the batch ripper configuration?

-brendan

Comment

• mlburgoon
              • Mar 2008

[Yes, they are associated correctly. I FINALLY got some info out of powerfile. The revision of the firmware on my unit (1.2.6) does not auto-spin up the drives for the PC to detect it. That "feature" was added to later firmware releases. That is the issue with Windows not detecting the drives, too.

I also was able (after several e-mails and them being jerks about it) got them to give me the firmware update. They said the it only had about a 50% success rate. So, I got as much information out of them as I could (not much) and did the firmware upgrades. Yes, there is more than one. You have to upgrade (i don't know the order, never got it out of them) the robotics, the changer, the bridge, the "update flashmon", and the flashmon. There is also an update for the actual toshiba drives.

So after performing these updates, I ended up falling on the "bad" side of that 50%. So I now have a paperweight. I can still connect and talk to the unit, so I will keep futzing with it, hoping to bring it back to life.

Basically, I think the changer will work correctly IF you have a c200 changer with a firmware version of 1.4.3.

thanks for all the help.

Comment

• shazbot
                • Mar 2008

Hi,

Is there any way to alter the default batch ripping number sequence, i started at 50000, can I reset this value to an Alpha numeric etc..

Thanks

Comment

• shazbot
                  • Mar 2008

Sorry,

I have another question.. If I only load 20-30 CD's into the Sony XL1B, how can I make the batch ripper start at the beginning of that batch of 20 or 30, at the moment it is turning randomly trying to load discs from slots where no discs are loaded, and rejects with 'No CD after Load' error.
                  Can you tell the changer to start loading at a particular point or does it expect a full 200 discs in the changer..

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

No way of setting batch ripper to alpha numeric.

CDs should be loaded in slots 1-30 if loading 30 cds, it will search the first >> onwards
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• shazbot
                      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
                      No way of setting batch ripper to alpha numeric.

CDs should be loaded in slots 1-30 if loading 30 cds, it will search the first >> onwards
                      Thanks for your reply, no problem on the batch number.

My XL1B seems to be skipping CD's, I loaded 50+ CD's, I assume when you press the load button twice it will start loading at slot 0 and go from there, after removing the lid, it spaces the placing about 3 inches apart per CD but some times places the cd twice this distance. Does the changer think there is already a CD loaded in this slot??
                      How do you tell when the changer believes it has no more CD's in the carousel.
                      The changer also skips CD's when ejecting..

After letting the ripper run overnight it ripped about 40 cd's and most of these two times, however it failed to rip about 10 at all, never even loaded them..
                      Any suggestions..

Comment

• bhoar
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Sep 2006

I can only answer the issue of the so-called "skipping" of slots, I'll let spoon take care of the rest.

Edit: actually one more comment - if you shift discs around in the carousel with the lid off, the unit won't have an accurate record of which slots are in use. Always use the double button press to load and unload all discs. If there are still discs in there, you need to force the unit to perform an inventory. Not sure if the batch ripper driver does this inventory step on pre-batch or not.

Anyway...

The Sony units (and presumably the powerfiles upon which they are based) number slots in an interleaved fashion and, IIRC, the interleave is ~13 discs or so (it's definitely an odd number that doesn't divide evenly into 200). So logical slot 1 might be physical slot 1, but logical slot 2 is really physical slot 14. I presume they do this to help to ensure a good balance of disc weights on the carousel, though perhaps it might also be related with the timing of their movement starts and stops or the guarantee that a certain speed is being maintained when using an IR LED to detect whether a slot is full or not.

Offtopic: the carousel interleave reminds me a bit of the adjustments to the sector interleave mapping on floppy disks back in the 80s/90s, which were initially set high by the OS writers to ensure that the slow computers could keep in sync with reads and writes (as the disk spindle speed was fixed).

Later, hobbists would modify the disk drivers to decrease the interleave number to increase disk IO throughput when the computer speeds increased. Finally, at some point, the manufacturers put all the interleave and the new zoned/adjustable spindle speed stuff into "smart" on-drive controllers...

-brendan
                        Last edited by bhoar; 03-14-2008, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• shazbot
                          • Mar 2008

So.... how do I 'force unit to perform an inventory'..

If it cannot eject the discs that are in the unit without pressing eject 200 times...

Maybe my unit is faulty..:komisch12

Comment

• bhoar
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by shazbot
                            So.... how do I 'force unit to perform an inventory'..
                            I'll let spoon address that issue, don't have access to mine at the moment.

Originally posted by shazbot
                            If it cannot eject the discs that are in the unit without pressing eject 200 times...

Maybe my unit is faulty..:komisch12
                            You have to double-tap the eject button, with somewhere between a .75s and 1.25s spacing to autoeject all CDs. Same with inserting CDs, using the other button.

-brendan

Comment

• shazbot
                              • Mar 2008

[QUOTE=
                              You have to double-tap the eject button, with somewhere between a .75s and 1.25s spacing to autoeject all CDs. Same with inserting CDs, using the other button.

-brendan[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys for the help, I have been using the double tap as per the manual, it does unload about the first 20 ok, then the unit tries to unload an empty slot, press eject again and another empty slot it tries to unload, so I am left with about 20 cds in the unit. I am currently running the unit on a step down transformer 220v to 110v but a 50hz instead of 60hz as in US, I am wondering is this causing some glitches in lining up the correct slot.

On another note I used GUI-055x program and when I click the 'Full Slots' icon it gives me a list of DVD's for the first 72 slots... which I have never loaded, I cannot really figure out that software, not very user firendly..

Any help greatly appreciated..

Comment

• shazbot
                                • Mar 2008

Update,

Did some more testing..I loaded about 60 discs.. noted the sequence of the discs I am inserting so I know which one is first etc.. I then powered down the unit and powered back up as it seems to spin back to slot zero on boot up.
                                I started the batch ripper and it skipped the first 28 slots and picked the first CD.. then gave the erro after successfully ripping the forst CD of
                                'Disc 1: Reject 29: No CD After Load Reject 29: No CD After Load' then continues to load the remining discs (up to 12 now) successfully..

Below is the partial batch log.. (excuse the music taste its not mine and the long post..)

dBpoweramp Batch Ripper
                                Batch Name: Mary Music2
                                Batch ID: 50037
                                Using Profile: test_xl1b
                                Batch Rip Started: 16/03/2008 19:18:38

Error disc already loaded

: Reject 1: No CD After Load Reject 1: No CD After Load
                                : Reject 2: No CD After Load Reject 2: No CD After Load
                                : Reject 3: No CD After Load Reject 3: No CD After Load
                                : Reject 4: No CD After Load Reject 4: No CD After Load
                                : Reject 5: No CD After Load Reject 5: No CD After Load
                                : Reject 6: No CD After Load Reject 6: No CD After Load
                                : Reject 7: No CD After Load Reject 7: No CD After Load
                                : Reject 8: No CD After Load Reject 8: No CD After Load
                                : Reject 9: No CD After Load Reject 9: No CD After Load
                                : Reject 10: No CD After Load Reject 10: No CD After Load
                                : Reject 11: No CD After Load Reject 11: No CD After Load
                                : Reject 12: No CD After Load Reject 12: No CD After Load
                                : Reject 13: No CD After Load Reject 13: No CD After Load
                                : Reject 14: No CD After Load Reject 14: No CD After Load
                                : Reject 15: No CD After Load Reject 15: No CD After Load
                                : Reject 16: No CD After Load Reject 16: No CD After Load
                                : Reject 17: No CD After Load Reject 17: No CD After Load
                                : Reject 18: No CD After Load Reject 18: No CD After Load
                                : Reject 19: No CD After Load Reject 19: No CD After Load
                                : Reject 20: No CD After Load Reject 20: No CD After Load
                                : Reject 21: No CD After Load Reject 21: No CD After Load
                                : Reject 22: No CD After Load Reject 22: No CD After Load
                                : Reject 23: No CD After Load Reject 23: No CD After Load
                                : Reject 24: No CD After Load Reject 24: No CD After Load
                                : Reject 25: No CD After Load Reject 25: No CD After Load
                                : Reject 26: No CD After Load Reject 26: No CD After Load
                                : Reject 27: No CD After Load Reject 27: No CD After Load
                                : Reject 28: No CD After Load Reject 28: No CD After Load
                                Disc 1: [freedB] Ronan Hardiman - Michael Flatley's Lord Of The Dance
                                Track 1 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 1) [5CAA3F04]
                                Track 2 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 1) [4E5CE7A5]
                                Track 3 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 1) [9577B8A5]
                                Track 4 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 1) [906C1E14]
                                Track 5 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 1) [329416E6]
                                Track 6 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 1) [8B25B1DC]
                                Track 7 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 1) [B6D97A0C]
                                Track 8 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 1) [122F52C6]
                                Track 9 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 1) [69B9E8C6]
                                Track 10 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 1) [49677EF0]
                                Track 11 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 1) [C4ED2972]
                                Track 12 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 1) [3F312DE3]
                                Track 13 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 1) [A33B8711]
                                Track 14 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 1) [9AFAE703]
                                Track 15 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 1) [DB078F5C]
                                Track 16 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 1) [9C73D372]
                                Track 17 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 1) [3532CE75]
                                Combined Result: All (17) Accurate
                                Disc 1: Reject 29: No CD After Load Reject 29: No CD After Load

Disc 2: Various Artists - The Disco Years, Volume 3: Boogie Fever
                                Track 1 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 4) [44C122A3]
                                Track 2 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 4) [3BE64AFB]
                                Track 3 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 4) [46614EEF]
                                Track 4 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 4) [1D2019AC]
                                Track 5 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 4) [F8ABFB17]
                                Track 6 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 4) [FCDF9610]
                                Track 7 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 4) [147221A4]
                                Track 8 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 4) [C6E6EAA3]
                                Track 9 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 4) [4A89C130]
                                Track 10 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 4) [436C5778]
                                Track 11 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 4) [48615C70]
                                Track 12 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 4) [C1FC5A2F]
                                Track 13 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 4) [582790C5]
                                Track 14 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 4) [910D4986]
                                Track 15 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 4) [0E13A7F0]
                                Track 16 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 4) [CBE7A479]
                                Track 17 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 4) [F9C16C35]
                                Track 18 Result: AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 4) [85B06C18]
                                Combined Result: All (18) Accurate

Any ideas..

Comment

Working...

]]>