title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch Ripper: Media Changer Loader (Sony XL1B) Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nojoy
    • Jan 2008

Re: Batch Ripper: Media Changer Loader (Sony XL1B) Discussions

I am unclear on how to use this software. I start up batch ripper and type in a batch name. It starts up dBPoweramp CD ripper but then i have to click the "Rip" button to start the disc. Then when it is done I have to close the program.

I must not have something set right.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

You need to install R13 of music converter, R12 (which you are using) does not work.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Porcus
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2007

OK, new computer purchased, stable mobo and firewire, finally ready to test this software properly.

It seems to me that for discs in the AccurateRip database, the last track on each disc fails to match AccurateRip -- with one possible exception, namely the last disc in the batch. It is not the discs, as the laptop's internal CD drive rips accurately.
        Is this a known issue? (If not, what testing should I do?)

Hardware: XL1B connected to a FSC Amilo Xa1526
        dbpoweramp versions: the ones available Feb. 12, freshly installed; AMG turned off.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

I have seen it mentioned before, but I cannot see how it is, CD Ripper has no real knowledge it is in a batch of CDs, you can right click on a drive in batch ripper to view the ripper behind, try ripping to a lossless such as Apple Lossless with the verify option on, that will allow you to see the result from the last track. Try 2 CDs, if CD1 is wrong, is the CRC consistantly wrong, and if you put CD1 as CD2 is it right (can I see the accuraterip logs - set secure on and to write the log to information this will appear in batch notes).
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Porcus
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
            I have seen it mentioned before, but I cannot see how it is, CD Ripper has no real knowledge it is in a batch of CDs
            Ah. Well, now I have tried a couple of things:
            (1) Checking/unchecking the option of reading into lead-in / lead-out.
            (2) Turning the changer off, unplugging it and leaving it for some hours (the latter thing should not work, as it has a battery-backup).

Suggestion (2) seems to improve things, sort of confirming my assumption that this Sony product is a beta version only tested in their own multimedia computer system. Not sure whether (1) did matter, what is the suggested setting?

Comment

• Porcus
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Feb 2007

To the wishlist for the MediaChanger:

Since this is a carousel thing -- not a robot which puts the done discs in an out-bin -- it is possible for it to start all over when finished with all discs. So the following would -- each and in combination -- be a good thing:

#1 option to reject or flag if disc does not only include audio (hm, I have not yet tried those -- might even be already implemented!)

#2 option to reject (maybe temporarily, in presence of feature #4 below) if not in AccurateRip

#3 a button to "eject all discs with property X" (that's eject, not reject), where my most wanted X are (i) discs with all tracks already ripped accurately, (ii) discs with certain properties or defects (like (a) not audio disc, (b) not only-audio, (c) defective by design, (d) insecure/requires ultra-secure) -- preferably while a disc is ripping. Also a right-click and eject on a single ripped disc.

#4 option to start over when finished with all disc, but this time ripping only inaccurates -- or, in presence of #3 above, ripping only "newly loaded" discs.

#5 option to extend the number of discs in the batch while in the batch

(Yes I miss the opportunity to fill the "in"-bin and empty the "out"-bin(s) in mid-batch.)

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Lead in / out would not effect AccurateRip.

The way I would run the Sony is rip 200 cds, then look at the reject disc numbers, do a mass eject on the Sony (press the eject button twice quickly). THen count through the discs to gwt the rejects.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mlburgoon
                  • Mar 2008

Is this where support of the Centurion Dischub would be?

Is that make\model even supported?

If not, it shoud be. they are still supported and being produced, and you can buy them brand new for under 500 bucks!

I currently have a powerfile c200 I got off of ebay that has never really worked right and the support for powerfile on it was absolutely non-existent. They said that it is obsolete so please contact sales to purchase a new unit!!! With their prices, I can't afford to do that.

thanks

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

If the Centurion Dischub appears to Windows as a Media Changer device then yes this driver will work, give it a try using the test load and unload (when configure the drive).
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Tirade
                      • Mar 2008

Im looking for a changer/loader ripper and the Sony seems to fit the bill for price. Its hard to tell in this thread if does indeed work with batch ripper. Can I load in 200 CD's at a time and let it rip and then identify the bad rips and yank them to rip by hand?

If so, where can it be purchased at still? Seems Im late getting on the bus. I assume Id also need Firewire support on the PC correct?

Also waiting for a reply back regarding the Centurion Dischub. It would be a good followup choice if I cant find the Sony.

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

Yes, bad rips are identifed by disc number so on unloading you seperate.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Tirade
                          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
                          If the Centurion Dischub appears to Windows as a Media Changer device then yes this driver will work, give it a try using the test load and unload (when configure the drive).
                          I sent them an email asking if the Centurin Dischub displays as a changer. Here is the reply I got.

Hello,
                          Greetings from Digistore Solutions.
                          The operation system will detect the optical drive ( belonging to Centurion DiscHub ) upon connecting to the computer system.
                          You should direct the CD ripper to this optical drive for ripping purpose.
                          For batch ripping, you should highlight the CDs/DVDs in the MediaTRACKER ( press ctrl and select the optical discs ) before launching the CD ripper to commence the ripping process instead. Furthermore, please configure the CD ripper to " auto-eject " the optical discs after every ripping process was completed.
                          The Centurion DiscHub will move to the next discs and insert into the Centurion DiscHub as soon as the earlier discs have completed the ripping process though.
                          Looking forward to hear from you soon.
                          Thank you and best regards.
                          Cheers
                          -- Victor Foo
                          CEO, Digistore Solutions (S) Pte. Ltd.
                          Powering Information Access

So it seems like you run thier software first to queue up the discs and then run batchripper. When it sends the eject command to the dischub it will spit out the disc and load the next one sending a close command to the software.

Its not better than a robot as there is no real way for it to stack the CD's as it spits them out and Im not entirely sure you dont have the manually grab the disc before it will load another. Maybe the 2nd disc will push the first disc out when its done. You will still have to figure out which discs are bad and which are good.

Comment

• mlburgoon
                            • Mar 2008

well, I got some bad news. the media changer piece does not work with a powerfile c200.

with the windows driver that comes with windows, it will run all the robotics correctly, but the PC/dbpoweramp never sees a disc as being loaded in either of the drives though they are being loaded.

Switching to the powerfile driver from powerfile, it does not work at all.

What can I do to help get this working for the powerfile c200???

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

You should be able to see the disc in Windows Explorer when it is loaded.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mlburgoon
                                • Mar 2008

I can't. that is the problem. if a disc gets loaded, it is not recognized in either drive of the unit. If I go to windows explorer and try to access the drive directly, it says no disc. After a reboot, it shows the disc is there and it will rip it, but then when it unloads and loads the next disc, it does not see the disc change.

also, I can actually vew the actual .cda audio tracks when I go explore it. I have not ever really seen that before I don't think.

Comment

Working...

]]>