title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Batch Ripper: Media Changer Loader (Sony XL1B) Discussions

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Batch Ripper: Media Changer Loader (Sony XL1B) Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Porcus View Post
    But does it have to communicate that way?
    Yes, because the T10 subcommittee "Medium Changer" device model (which the Sony almost adheres to and which covers not only optical disc libraries but also tape libraries) requires that the changer device (which is itself a SCSI-type target) handle the media (disc) insert and eject actions itself. That means the changer control board needs "peer" level access to the drive(s) to handle these tasks and that normally calling programs should never be handling such tasks.

There's no such standard when it comes RS-232 serial-controlled loaders (such as duplicator robots), as they aren't covered by T10 at all and there isn't any standard (they're essentially "compound" devices in that you talk to the controller and the drives separately and the controller doesn't talk to the drives).

Quote Originally Posted by Porcus View Post
    Huh. Tempted to try. Just a Q: If I use a USB-to-IDE adapter, will the C2 error codes be lost? (I've tried to connect a few IDE devices that way, and CD-ROM-spinners are the most prone to not be recognised.)
    Depends upon the USB<->IDE bridge chip, the OS and the exact nature of the C2 calls being made. In other words, you'll need to experiment.

My understanding, though, is that people have found the changer refuses to do anything if it can't see the drive via firewire.

-brendan

Sorry for such a newbie question, but...
    What URL should I use to find the software mentioned in this thread so that I can RIP DVDs in batch mode from my Sony VGP-XL1B to my home server's harddrive?
    Thank you very much!

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieWithXL1B View Post
    Sorry for such a newbie question, but...
    What URL should I use to find the software mentioned in this thread so that I can RIP DVDs in batch mode from my Sony VGP-XL1B to my home server's harddrive?
    Thank you very much!
    DVDs are not the issue of dBpoweramp, but have a look in my signature. (I use a dvdgrab.bat file with the single line "C:\Program Files\DVD Decrypter\DVDDecrypter.exe" /MODE ISOREAD /START /SRC X: /DEST D:\_dvd\ /VERIFY YES /CLOSE , where the XL1B is "X:" and the target drive is "D:". You're on your own with the legal issues, I think DVDDecrypter is legal in my jurisdiction.)
    Last edited by Porcus; 03-14-2009 at 09:17 AM.

Has anyone been able to get a Powerfile C200 with 1.2.6 firmware to work with dBpoweramp Batch Ripper? I've two units, 1 that doesn't seem to be loadable, the other that works great with a Mac and RipMonkey. However, I would really like to use dBPower amp to re-rip a couple thousand CDs.