title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: dBPoweramp Configuration gone missing

dBPoweramp Configuration gone missing

I was looking for a way to which files to associate with dBPoweramp when I came across a folder marked "Configuration" with the program "dBPoweramp Configuration". Being bold I clicked it and it came up with a screen showing the different programs and versions. I noticed that I was still on R12.2 for the converter so I clicked to upgrade and run the installation. As it was finishing it shut down my computer and rebooted without warning. Now the program that the shortcut "dBPoweramp Configuration" pointed to has disappeared. A search for dBconfig came up with a file "dbconfig.dll" that for some reason is in the Microsoft Office Business Contact Manager folder. The file "dbconfig.exe is nowhere to be found. I did find config.exe, though.

Any thoughts on what might have happened here?

Re: dBPoweramp Configuration gone missing

There is no dbconfig.dll, just a dbconfig.exe. Try uninstalling and reinstalling dMC.

Thanks! That seemed to do it. I also tried following the "work around" and reinstalled R11.5 to the main folder and set up R12.3 to a separate folder with it's own codecs. Does that Configuration program only work with R12? It shows up now, but only shows the one version and seems to think I don't have dBPoweramp installed.

Edit: OK, I just found the other one. Looking in the wrong place. However, the R12 isn't showing as registered and the R11.5 is. Do I need to reregister? or will this correct itself when the player is compatible and everything is in the same folder?
    Last edited by acoustikarl; 11-10-2007 at 12:17 AM.

Each version of dMC has it's own configuration program. With r11.5 it was a start menu item called dMC Configuration whilst r12.3 it is now called dBpowerAMP Configuration.

If you still have your order number from registering dMC11.5 you should be able to download the powerpack version of dMC12.3 using the Registraton Retrieval page http://www.dbpoweramp.com/registration/

If you do not know your order number and you registered dMC11.5 within the last 2 years send an email to Spoon to the address on this page http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm
    Last edited by Wayne; 11-10-2007 at 04:07 AM.

Thanks, Wayne! That's what I was looking for! Found my old code and everything should be good to go now.