title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Drag & Drop Album Art

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flepp_w
    • Oct 2007

Drag & Drop Album Art

Hello

I did HQ Scans of all my Cd Covers. At the moment there is no option to embedd the personal Album Art image when ripping the CD
    - A nice option would be to Drag&Drop the Image onto the CD Jewel Case inside the CD Ripper.

Regards
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Drag & Drop Album Art

There is a workaround, in the meantime though. Put the album art where the CD will be ripped to named "folder.jpg", and use the "ID Tag Update" DSP effect, on the Manipulation tab, check "Import album art from folder.jpg"

Comment

• rmk
      • Jan 2008

I have the same feature request as well. I tried the suggested workaround but could not get things to work. If you are ripping a new CD via CD Ripper, do you have to manually create the folder structure for the CD in question so that you can use the folder.jpg file in the first place? It seems like a chicken-egg problem since CD Ripper doesn't create the folder structure until the rip actually starts.

I also tried updating the folder.jpg file after ripping just the first track. This created the folder structure and created the folder.jpg file. I updated folder.jpg with a better quality image and re-ripped the entire CD. The result was that the tracks contained the cover art from the AMG database. :cry: CD Ripper overwrote the content of my folder.jpg file.

I manually edited the tags and updated the artwork. That worked. Unfortunately I could not do this for a multiple selection of tracks. It was one at a time.

I also used Music Converter to use Tag Manipulation to add the artwork from Folder.jpg. This worked but it did not copy over the Art description "Front Album Cover" which is written to the tag information when CD Ripper processes a track.

This all seems like way too much work. Is there any chance you can simply make the artwork editable form the main CD Ripper interface much like the other track fields for artist, composer, etc?

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Robert

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

If you use the "[ID Tag Update]" utility codec and select Manipulation --> Import album art from folder.jpg you can update multiple tracks at once. Also, if you use the DSP effect as I said above, you can have your files with the higher-res art.

dMC r13, currently in beta, will have a new method of dealing with album art.

Comment

• rmk
          • Jan 2008

Thanks for clarifying the [ID Tag Update] Codec. I had missed the distinction. I was using the DSP Codec approach in the Music Converter. It was much easier and faster to just use the [ID Tag Update] Codec as you suggested.

I do have a follow-up question. Why does the update codec cause the description for Art 1 to be cleared? It used to say "Art 1 Front Album Cover". After the update, it just says "Art 1."

Robert

Comment

• timba
            • Feb 2007

I have two Windows 7 PCs, running the same version of dBPowerAmp. On one machine, I can drag a jpg onto the album art area (lower right) to add it - very cool. On the other machine, I drag it but nothing happens! I've searched under Options to no avail - can't figure out what's wrong. The machine that works is a 64-bit i5 and the other is 32-bit quad core (the pre-"i" type) - that's the only difference I can think of

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Perhaps the user account type it runs under is different? administrator vs limited user?
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• timba
                • Feb 2007

>administrator vs limited user?

thanks - both adminstrator though

Comment

• hogger129
                  • Dec 2013

Originally posted by timba
                  I have two Windows 7 PCs, running the same version of dBPowerAmp. On one machine, I can drag a jpg onto the album art area (lower right) to add it - very cool. On the other machine, I drag it but nothing happens! I've searched under Options to no avail - can't figure out what's wrong. The machine that works is a 64-bit i5 and the other is 32-bit quad core (the pre-"i" type) - that's the only difference I can think of
                  Which web browser are you using? I was only able to drag/drop album artwork out of Mozilla Firefox. In Google Chrome and IE I could not do it.

You can also right click > Copy on your artwork, and then in dBpoweramp, hit that little minus sign and click Paste.

Comment

Working...

]]>