title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

mpeg layer 3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • miss_behavin_24
    • Dec 2002

mpeg layer 3

:headbang: When I try to change the format of a song when converting it to a wav file why don't I have the option of mpeg layer 3?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Search this forum for l3codec.acm it should be a bit clearer.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• miss_behavin_24
      • Dec 2002

Is there somewhere that I can get the l3codec.acm?

Comment

• MODatic
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Apr 2002

From another Windows installation...

A better solution would be to install the Lame MP3 ACM codec instead. You get the full bitrate range (the normally built in Fraunhofer one won't let you encode above 56Kbits/s) and Lame's better quality.

You can get Lame from here. Inside is the Lame ACM codec and the standard commandline version of Lame. To install the ACM codec, right click on LameACM.inf and hit install.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Is the Lame mp3 wave codec compatible with the L3Codec.acm? ie if you encode it with lame on one machine will it play with l3codec.acm on another?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MODatic
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Apr 2002

Yes.

I use it to encode the audio in the DivX movies I make and I can still play them anywhere as long as that machine has DivX installed and has l3codec.acm. The audio stream in my movies are 160Kbits/s CBR. MP3 decoders don't vary much.

Comment

• miss_behavin_24
              • Dec 2002

Do I need all of these files or just the LameACM.inf? When I try to install it it asks me for the Lame MP3 Install Disk.

Comment

• MODatic
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Apr 2002

You need a few... the *.inf file is just installation instructions for the computer.

Make sure that LameACM.inf, LameACM.acm and lame_acm.xml are unzipped to the same location and then right click on LameACM.inf and click install. It will then copy and install LameACM.acm and lame_acm.xml to the correct location. Once done, the copies that you extracted can then be deleted.

Comment

• miss_behavin_24
                  • Dec 2002

Oh lawdy do I have problems. Now I have the MPEG Layer 3 option but all my songs are playin VERY VERY fast.... it takes like 2 seconds for a song to play. What is the best speed to use?

Comment

Working...

]]>