title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Accurate Rip (Number?) and some other Q's.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dublo7
    • Oct 2007

Accurate Rip (Number?) and some other Q's.

Hey guys,

I just purchased the Resource pack today, after trialling the program for a few hours to rip some cd's to FLAC. Obviously, I was really impressed by the software and purchased the full thing

I just have a question or two; What does that number mean next to the Accurate Rip field? Is that just how many people have submitted information on this CD/song?

Album art can be saved as Folder.jpg. Is it possible to have the album art saved as cover.jpg?
    This is just so the cover art gets recognized on my current portable player (Cowon D2). I mean, it's not a real hassle just renaming the file myself, but I'm just curious if I can set that myself within the program?

Thanks for the help, and thanks for the great program.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Accurate Rip (Number?) and some other Q's.

Yes, how many people your rip mathces with, anything over a confidence of 2 is very good for security (a confidence(1) is good as well with the chance of an error being 1 in 4 billion, if confidence is (2) then it is one in 16 billlion).

Not currently (cover.jpg) is supported, I can put it on the wish list.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bhoar
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
      (a confidence(1) is good as well with the chance of an error being 1 in 4 billion, if confidence is (2) then it is one in 16 billlion).
      maybe 16 billion billion?

-brendan

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

2^32 * 2^32
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bhoar
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Sep 2006

2^32 * 2^32
          Could be worse...if one of use were british, we'd never agree on the definition of a billion in the first place.

(second table)

-brendan

Comment

• Dublo7
            • Oct 2007

Yes, how many people your rip mathces with, anything over a confidence of 2 is very good for security (a confidence(1) is good as well with the chance of an error being 1 in 4 billion, if confidence is (2) then it is one in 16 billlion).

Not currently (cover.jpg) is supported, I can put it on the wish list.
            Thanks a lot, Spoon :smile2:

Comment

Working...

]]>