title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Attn: LtData

Attn: LtData

I come back from time to time to ask a question. I have been corresponding with others about the problems I have with the sound system installed on my Vista Basic cp.

It was suggested to me that an option that might work for me is to purchase purchase and install an external sound card.

You might remember that I could not use the 11.5 Auxilary because I could not get sound to play.

I see that others on board have vista, it is very strange that I seem to be the only one to have problems, such as getting msgs when I tried to convert under 12.1/2 that I did not have direct show filters intalled.

Thanks in advance

Re: Attn: LtData

Remind me, Java, do you get sound at all from your computer? From any applications?

Re: Attn: LtData

I get sound and I can play and download music from cd's and cassettes. But, I could not hear the music while it was being played. I hesitate to say this but, I found another site that I could play the music and convert to wave. I still cannot convert ram files to wave from any site. This site was the only one that I could use the auxilary from 11.5 and convert to wave.

However with this new vista, which I have found out controls the sound on any site would not let me convert using 11.5 auxilary, I could get it to run but there was not sound.

I could do nothing with 12.1-2, it would always tell me that I did not have direct show loaded to play ram files, I did however have it installed.

Thats about as much as I can tell you.

Thanks for your reply.