title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

[Encode Local] Utility Codec

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: [Encode Local] Utility Codec

Might just be a particular situation where the utility breaks down, probably something for Spoon to investigate.

Comment

• EliC
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Spoon, it would seem to me that this utility should be easily able to dynamically change the output directory depending on the quality of the rip - separating accurate and innaccurate rips, since it already move the rip after the end of the rip.

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=17273

If this option could be added, that would be fantastic.
      Thank you,
      Eli

Comment

• ncpl
        • Jan 2009

Have just been trying the local encode into a flac file to a network location. I get an error which says:-

Error ripping to [Encode Local], 'Track 1' to '\\Comp3\ephotos\Classical Music\Igor Stravinsky\Stravinsky; Ballets, Vol. 1, Disc 1\01 Introduction.IGNORE'
        Error copying to '\\Comp3\ephotos\Classical Music\Igor Stravinsky\Stravinsky; Ballets, Vol. 1, Disc 1\01 Introduction.flac' insufficient space? [clEncoder::EndConversion]

The target drive has plenty of GB available.

I've tried using both %tmp% and also a specific local directory in case it was the local directory that had the space issue.

Have removed the HDCD DSP in case that was an issue (DSP being mentioned in the help info).

Any ideas as to why I get this ?

many thanks

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

First, you do have permission to write to that directory on the network drive, correct? Do you get the same message if you map the other computer to a drive letter?

Comment

• ncpl
            • Jan 2009

I have permissions and the drives are set to share. Synctoy currently does the job of marshalling the ripped tracks over there so I'm pretty sure it's not permissions.

Will test another HDD on the same pc and also a USB HDD on this PC (where DBP resides)

Edit...I just rechecked and neither saving to a local drive (in 'my docs') or a network drive work...(same error message). Same result whether I use a %temp% folder or a named folder.
            Last edited by ncpl; 01-07-2009, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• ncpl
              • Jan 2009

Still no luck this end. I can read-write from 2 other pc's to the server pc with any other app. Not sure what else to try. Any ideas ?

Comment

• cosmopolous
                • Feb 2009

here's a spazzy question: I downloaded the new [Encode Local] codec and installed it. I can see the [Encode Local] "Release 1" line under the codecs tab in the dbp configuration.

How do I enable it's use during conversion? It's not obvious to me how to do that. Should there be something under DSP Effects/Actions dropdown?

TIA

Comment

• cosmopolous
                  • Feb 2009

disregard, I found it!

Comment

• cosmopolous
                    • Feb 2009

I changed the local tmp dir to be: c:\tmp-dbp. I have ~45GB free on that disc.

I start the conversion: src and dest is on the NAS.

I do see 1 temp file created in the tmp folder during the conversion.

It balks though:

Error converting to [Encode Local], 'X:\Audio - FLAC - TEST\Aerosmith - Rocks\01 Back In The Saddle.flac' to 'X:\Audio - MP4 - Final\Aerosmith\Aerosmith - Back In The Saddle.IGNORE'
                    Unable to read from File 'X:\Audio - FLAC - TEST\Aerosmith - Rocks\01 Back In The Saddle.flac'

Error converting to [Encode Local], 'X:\Audio - FLAC - TEST\Aerosmith - Rocks\02 Last Child.flac' to 'X:\Audio - MP4 - Final\Aerosmith\Aerosmith - Last Child.IGNORE'
                    Unable to read from File 'X:\Audio - FLAC - TEST\Aerosmith - Rocks\02 Last Child.flac'

Error converting to [Encode Local], 'X:\Audio - FLAC - TEST\Aerosmith - Rocks\03 Rats In The Cellar.flac' to 'X:\Audio - MP4 - Final\Aerosmith\Aerosmith - Rats In The Celler.IGNORE'
                    Error reading metadata

Error converting to [Encode Local], 'X:\Audio - FLAC - TEST\Aerosmith - Rocks\04 Combination.flac' to 'X:\Audio - MP4 - Final\Aerosmith\Aerosmith - Combination.IGNORE'
                    Error reading metadata

Error converting to [Encode Local], 'X:\Audio - FLAC - TEST\Aerosmith - Rocks\05 Sick As A Dog.flac' to 'X:\Audio - MP4 - Final\Aerosmith\Aerosmith - Sick As A Dog.IGNORE'
                    Error reading metadata

Error converting to [Encode Local], 'X:\Audio - FLAC - TEST\Aerosmith - Rocks\06 Nobody's Fault.flac' to 'X:\Audio - MP4 - Final\Aerosmith\Aerosmith - Nobody's Fault.IGNORE'
                    Error reading metadata

Error converting to [Encode Local], 'X:\Audio - FLAC - TEST\Aerosmith - Rocks\07 Get The Lead Out.flac' to 'X:\Audio - MP4 - Final\Aerosmith\Aerosmith - Get The Lead Out.IGNORE'
                    Error reading metadata

Error converting to [Encode Local], 'X:\Audio - FLAC - TEST\Aerosmith - Rocks\08 Lick & A Promise.flac' to 'X:\Audio - MP4 - Final\Aerosmith\Aerosmith - Lick And A Promise.IGNORE'
                    Error reading metadata

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

Answered here:

Hi all, ok as you can see new to this game. Have just bought R13, never had an ipod so have spent hours going through all the Q & As think i am on the right track but need some help. I have started to rip all my cds & from what i have read i am going for the FLAC as my master library & mp3 for the ipod. Using the
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• fphredd
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Feb 2009

Sorry to revive this old thread, but i'm new here...

How much speed difference if no tagging is going on (live music CD's)?

thnx

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

If no tags are being written then encode local will not speed up any.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• aaddegraaf
                            • Apr 2009

Hi,
                            I'm a newbie in dBpoweramp.
                            I'downloaded the [Encode Local], but I don't know how to activate it.
                            The application is executed and can be found in the dBpoweramp application folder ([Encode Local].dll) but it is not to be found in the application itself.
                            How can I make use of this utility?
                            Thx

Aad de Graaf

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

You select it as a Codec, instead of Mp3 or FLAC.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• aaddegraaf
                                • Apr 2009

sometimes things are so simple that you don't see it!!
                                Thanks very much.

Aad

Comment

Working...

]]>